Restoring an Old LDV - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-15, 07:28 PM   #1

Default Restoring an Old LDV

Hi all, i mite be about for a while here now instead of asking for the little problems with my wifes 206 HDi. I have just bough an old 1995 LDV Pilot with 1.9D XUD , it has supposadly have 21K on the clock with old MOT`s to prove, when i get the [a[er work i will find out, i cant see it though from inspection on other areas like seat, kingpins said to be slightly worn.

Anyway, i have been trying to get it to run after a while of being not run, around 18 months, i have had a gerry can of diesel and bypassed the filter as it is broke so that is the next job. done this to see how it runs. Now it fires but wonr keep running on its own. it does at times but wiull not rev and cuts out after a few seconds.

what i have done

clean fuel gravity fed to pump.

checked the G plugs and got back 0.7 ohms ( 1ohm then minus the meters 0.3, and checked when removed from engine)

now i am thinking the problem could be the injectors not getting fuel through as its getting to the injector as i cracked the feed and it spits out on all four.

oh and white/grey smoke shows from the exhaust when it trying ti fire and runs a little.

what your opinions. i want it running and fettled soon a si will be using it as a camper.

cheers

wayne
wayneO is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-04-15, 07:42 PM   #2

Pull it out get a turbo engine from a 306 or early 406 and fit that the 1.9 is way too slow in a camper

You need to swap a few bits around but it is doable and will be better on fuel

I know you don't want to go fast but you don't want to go backwards either !
Old 15-04-15, 07:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Pull it out get a turbo engine from a 306 or early 406 and fit that the 1.9 is way too slow in a camper

You need to swap a few bits around but it is doable and will be better on fuel

I know you don't want to go fast but you don't want to go backwards either !

LOL kida, it was a plan in the first place and still could be if i get this running to sell to get a TD engine. I know what you mean as i have done engine swaps with a few 4x4`s i played with in the past with N/A and TD engines and TD all the way
wayneO is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in