Removing passenger seats - airbag warnings? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-12, 11:49 AM   #1

Default Removing passenger seats - airbag warnings?

So I've taken out the double passenger seat from my 2010 Expert with a plan to replace it with a single. Since disconnecting an electric cable from underneath it (which I assumed was the seatbelt warning light) I'm getting a seatbelt/airbag dash warning. I assumed this was not an issue as when I put the single seat in everything would be ok again.

Just been into the dealer for something else and been advised that in the current situation all my air bags are disabled! Is this true?

They're also saying that I can't do what I'm wanting as the wire I undid was something to do with airbags and the central pretensioner??

I should add that there are no airbags in the seat or anywhere in the passenger compartment.

I can't believe I'm the first person to ever switch the double passenger seat to a single and can't believe the system can't still operate without that one cable??

Any advice welcome!

Last edited by 214342; 06-12-12 at 11:53 AM.
214342 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-12, 08:43 AM   #2

If you have disconnected the seat belt pre tensioner the airbag system will be disabled and the light will remain on.

You could unbolt the pre tensioner from the twin seat and secure it from damage/knocks underneath the single seat plugged in.

The light should go out , not ideal but would fix your situation.
214342 likes this.
Old 07-12-12, 08:47 AM   #3

Cheers - is there not a diagnostic way to tell the van to ignore that particular error?

Old 07-12-12, 08:49 AM   #4

If the dealer supplies the vehicle with a single seat it may be possible to configure and remove the second seat.

Would need plugging in to check.
Old 07-12-12, 08:58 AM   #5

Ok thanks - at least I know there's a work around!
Old 31-12-12, 06:06 PM   #6
Inactive User

Hi. simonp820.

I'm in the exactly the same situation as you, swapping double seat for a single one..
Infact I've just replied you a previous post about separating the blue plug.
The only solution to this, that I can think of is just as the other guy said, take the reel out of the double seat and store it under the single seat. I may resort to this unless you happen to have come up with a better solution.. I don't really want to do it as I'd like to sell the double seat intacted..

Any insight would be great..
214342 likes this.
Drive2xL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 31-12-12, 06:11 PM   #7

Sorry Chris I'm in the exact same position with no better solution - in fact I've gone back to the double seat to make the van roadworthy again - until I work out what do to.

I (perhaps naively) thought the 'system' could be 'reconfigured' to be told that the centre seat didn't exist and to 'ignore' the error. Whether this is possible or, it appears to be beyond the skills of my local Peugeot dealer at least.

For the time being I'm going to stick with the double seat

Please let me know how you get on - you doing a campervan conversion by any chance?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive2xL View Post
Hi. simonp820.

I'm in the exactly the same situation as you, swapping double seat for a single one..
Infact I've just replied you a previous post about separating the blue plug.
The only solution to this, that I can think of is just as the other guy said, take the reel out of the double seat and store it under the single seat. I may resort to this unless you happen to have come up with a better solution.. I don't really want to do it as I'd like to sell the double seat intacted..

Any insight would be great..
Old 31-12-12, 06:15 PM   #8
Inactive User

Yep I'm doing a campervan conversion, and so far have failed at the 1st and what I thought was a simple hurdle!!

I might see how easy it is to take out the double seat seatbelt reel..
Drive2xL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 31-12-12, 06:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive2xL View Post
Yep I'm doing a campervan conversion, and so far have failed at the 1st and what I thought was a simple hurdle!!

I might see how easy it is to take out the double seat seatbelt reel..
lol - everything else I've done so far has gone ok so don't worry too much

I've insulated, plylined and carpeted throughout and done a few minor repairs - excited about getting up to the mountains!

Stay in touch.
Old 31-12-12, 06:25 PM   #10

Our taxis have no front passenger seat so it must be possible using planet to configure the airbag system to ignore lack of pretensioner as the vans are supplied from peugeot with 2 front seats prior to conversion into taxis
reliable406 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in