Peugeot Expert 57 1.6HDi problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davidireland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-10-12, 02:46 AM   #1
Inactive User

Thumbs down Peugeot Expert 57 1.6HDi problems

Hi, I'm having a lot of problems with this van and its starting to get a bit worrying, driving down the motorway and cutting out is obviously not safe.

I have had the AA do a diagnostics

P0088 - Diesel rail pressure too high (max exceeded)
P0087 - Diesel pressure too low
And also picked up Diesel leak which the guy from AA assumed would have been triggered because of p0087

I don't want to take it to peugeot because I'm not prepared to spend 's on just labour

It started out with just an anti pollution faulty message,

Then one day with the engine warm I put my foot down in 2nd and the engine cut out.

From then on doing any high revs would cause the engine to cut out. But this stopped when the van started going into limp mode (limited to 2800rpm and no turbo). For the last month it's been on and off, and I have just driven carefully.

The other morning it had been freezing overnight. I got up to drive to gatwick for a trip to turkey and just my luck the fault is worse than ever. Constantly in limp mode, and cutting out randomly. I don't know if the freezing conditions have something to do with it.

I really need help with this, I use it 7 days a week for work and its really annoying not having a reliable vehicle.
Philsmith is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-10-12, 02:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philsmith View Post
Hi, I'm having a lot of problems with this van and its starting to get a bit worrying, driving down the motorway and cutting out is obviously not safe.

I have had the AA do a diagnostics

P0088 - Diesel rail pressure too high (max exceeded)
P0087 - Diesel pressure too low
And also picked up Diesel leak which the guy from AA assumed would have been triggered because of p0087

I don't want to take it to peugeot because I'm not prepared to spend 's on just labour

It started out with just an anti pollution faulty message,

Then one day with the engine warm I put my foot down in 2nd and the engine cut out.

From then on doing any high revs would cause the engine to cut out. But this stopped when the van started going into limp mode (limited to 2800rpm and no turbo). For the last month it's been on and off, and I have just driven carefully.

The other morning it had been freezing overnight. I got up to drive to gatwick for a trip to turkey and just my luck the fault is worse than ever. Constantly in limp mode, and cutting out randomly. I don't know if the freezing conditions have something to do with it.

I really need help with this, I use it 7 days a week for work and its really annoying not having a reliable vehicle.
Could be anything from poor fuel to engine ecu.
You need to get it hooked up to diagnostic equip and monitor the fuel pressure whicle driving.

here are the fault code descriptions for p0087 and p0088.

Engine ECU BOSCH EDC 16C34
Fault code P0087

After sales description of the fault code High pressure fuel regulation : The measured rail pressure is too low in relation to the set point
Description of the diagnostics For an engine speed below 800 rpm : The difference between the rail pressure measured and the rail pressure setting is 350 bars for 1200 ms
For an engine speed above 800 rpm : The difference between the rail pressure measured and the rail pressure setting is 200 bars for 1200 ms
Conditions of activation of the diagnostics Consult the associated contexts for the Pcode forwarding conditions
Conditions of disappearance of the fault Driving for 5 minutes with several full load accelerations for 10 seconds
Down-grade modes if fault present Cut in the exhaust heat recovery function
Cutting off of the cruise control function
Deactivation of automatic mode for the electronic parking brake
The ECU limits the fuel flow
The activation of the regeneration of the particle emission filter
Switching on of the warning light and/or warning message Warning lamp MIL

Main customer complaints likely Jerking/stalling
Fluid leak/smells (diesel fuel, oil, etc.)
Lack of power
Starting problem
Suspect areas Engine ECU (Software not up to date)
Poor fuel or polluted fuel (petrol, deposit, etc.)
Problem on the fuel low or high-speed circuit (hose, tank, diesel fuel filter, etc.)
Fuel injectors
Engine relay unit
Electrical harness
Connectors
high pressure fuel pump (Lack of pressure)
Fuel pressure regulator (Lack of pressure
)

Engine ECU BOSCH EDC16C34
Fault code P0088

After sales description of the fault code High pressure fuel regulation : The measured rail pressure is too high in relation to the set point
Description of the diagnostics For an engine speed below 800 rpm : The difference between the measured rail pressure and the reference value of the fuel flow regulator is 350 bars for 800 milliseconds
Engine speed between 1000 and 2500 rpm : The difference between the measured rail pressure and the reference value of the fuel flow regulator is 250 bars for 800 milliseconds
For an engine speed above 2500 rpm : The difference between the measured rail pressure and the reference value of the fuel flow regulator is 200 bars for 800 milliseconds
Conditions of activation of the diagnostics Consult the associated contexts for the Pcode forwarding conditions
Conditions of disappearance of the fault Driving for 5 minutes with several full load accelerations for 10 seconds
Down-grade modes if fault present Cut in the exhaust heat recovery function
Irreversible cutting of the cruise control
Deactivation of automatic mode for the electronic parking brake
The ECU limits the fuel flow
Deactivation of the forced regeneration of the particle emission filter
Switching on of the warning light and/or warning message Warning lamp MIL
Main customer complaints likely Jerking/stalling
Unwanted acceleration
Noise
Smoke from the exhaust
Lack of power
Starting problem
Suspect areas Engine ECU (Software not up to date)
Poor fuel or polluted fuel (petrol, deposit, etc.)
Problem on the fuel low or high-speed circuit (hose, tank, diesel fuel filter, etc.)
Fuel injectors
High Pressure pump : Excessive pressure (High pressure pump regulator too open)
Electrical harness
Connectors
Engine relay unit
risky1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 21-10-12, 07:46 PM   #3
davidireland

Common faults usually occur from crap fuel. Take a sample and change the fuel filter. I remove the fuel rail sensor and clean it out also.
risky1 likes this.
  Quick reply to this message

Old 21-10-12, 10:57 PM   #4
Inactive User

Dont forget to see if the fuel has petrol in it...
MadV is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-12, 12:45 AM   #5
Inactive User

Well, first of all i havent put any form of petrol in it and i am thinking about changing the filter although i dont believe the filter could cause a high pressure problem, in this model when i turn the key half way am i meant to hear the sender pump buzzing away?

I have been using redex which has helped a few times and the fault has gone for a week or less.

So according to the description of the faults if i do full load accelarations (what does that mean? foot down and hit the limiter?) and there is no problem it will clear the fault?
Philsmith is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in