peugeot expert 2.0 hdi temp gauge not rising. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-14, 07:48 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default peugeot expert 2.0 hdi temp gauge not rising.

Just had heater matrix changed but now the temp gauge doesn't rise at all when driving but will rise just below 70 when stood idling for a decent amount of time the hot air coming from the heater is Luke warm, when I check the water the level it's ok but the pipes seem to have too much pressure in them so I'm having to release the pressure by un screwing the cap as I don't want a blown pipe etc. No air lock according to garage, can anyone help there must be a reason why temp isn't rising, the garage just said it was ok but I think different.
strang is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-11-14, 10:14 AM   #2

Sounds like thermostat is stuck open although can't see why the matrix change would have caused that but maybe just coincidence. It's normal for hoses to pressurise and they won't blow as your pressure cap will release at 13psi approx.
E7 58reg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-14, 11:03 AM   #3

Maybe the Matrix change dislodged some crud which has now caught in the thermostat holding it open My temp gauge only rises to 70 at the moment but it does blow toasty hot air only time I have seen it at 90 with the fan on was in a traffic jam in the summer

Old 16-11-14, 12:48 PM   #4
Inactive User

Ok thanks for that I'll look into it, I bought the van with the matrix been by passed so not really sure why previous owner dI'd this as he was very vague on the information. I will get the stat looked at and if I have no joy I'll be asking for help again lol, cheers guy's.
Old 16-11-14, 07:19 PM   #5
Inactive User

Have you not tried driving it ?
steve18gls is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 18-11-14, 09:14 PM   #6

are you sure the thermostat has,nt been removed before you bought it?
salster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 18-11-14, 09:24 PM   #7

the stat sets the engine max temp,the rad is there to dump excess heat,the heater matrix runs off the pumped water circulating the engine,so runs at whatever temp the stat is allowing to make the engine run at...
if you don't get the engine getting warm enough it probably needs a new stat(it might have one too cool fitted? ie 74 degrees?)
neil
NeilH is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 24-11-14, 08:30 PM   #8
Inactive User

When I replaced the stat in my van I soon found out it didn't have one in in the first place which I can now make sense of poor mpg and engine not getting up to temp, so the matrix had been by passed and the stat had been taken out! Previous owner obviously had overheating problems? But now I've sorted them issue's I've run it fir a few day's I've noticed the water level go down slightly and make the light come on the dash, I've put a new cap on header tank and what's happening now is the cap is releasing pressure and I'm presuming that's where the waters going too, could this be an early sign of head gasket going or could there be something a bit more simple? Yet again garage saying just run it and they think it's fine but I know it just isn't quite right. I know bits about engine's but not loads.
Old 24-11-14, 08:32 PM   #9
Inactive User

There's no oil in water
Old 24-11-14, 08:59 PM   #10

I have an e7 which leaks water out of the cap and brings the light on about 1 or 2 times a week. it takes very little water to top it up so I have just let it go to see what develops. funny thing is this bus does about 500 miles a week and has been running like this for months and it has not got any worse. Ive also replaced the cap, thermostat and the 2 radiators, temp when running is normal but it still builds a little pressure.
salster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in