peugeot 2.2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reliable406

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-17, 02:15 PM   #1

Default peugeot 2.2

not many threads about these engines

i have another in for engine rebuild psa engine same as ford

3.5 t tipper

anyone else on here have problems with these
karl mcghee is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-17, 02:37 PM   #2

Not used in most PSA's for some years as 1.6 & 2.0 now develop the same sort of power. There must be loads of good ones in the scrapyards as many 607's & 807's being scrapped. I'm no mechanic but the one in our 807 has been just about faultless despite 225K miles. Biggest issue is extracting the injectors so the rocker cover can be removed to change the bent rockers after timing belt failure.
wynb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-17, 02:43 PM   #3

2.2 in vans is a ford engine used by peugeot its not the same 2.2 used in 607 etc which was a good reliable engine the 2.2 in the vans is always broke !
karl mcghee likes this.

Old 04-11-17, 03:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
2.2 in vans is a ford engine used by peugeot its not the same 2.2 used in 607 etc which was a good reliable engine the 2.2 in the vans is always broke !
yes its the 2.2 euro 4/5/6

engine and fail from oil pump failer

ford have been in partnership with psa for many years a think 2001 they been building these engines together

Last edited by karl mcghee; 04-11-17 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-11-17, 03:15 PM   #5

2.2 is a bigger version of the ford 2 litre it is nothing to do with peugeot you are getting confused with the 2 litre and 2.2 DW engines used in later mondeos s max and the like these are peugeot but not the same as the van engine that is pure ford

Ford have used peugeot engines since the 80s to be honest in granadas and sierras using 504/505 engines
Old 04-11-17, 06:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
2.2 is a bigger version of the ford 2 litre it is nothing to do with peugeot you are getting confused with the 2 litre and 2.2 DW engines used in later mondeos s max and the like these are peugeot but not the same as the van engine that is pure ford

Ford have used peugeot engines since the 80s to be honest in granadas and sierras using 504/505 engines
eh !

its a 2013 van and has the 2.2 psa engine in it they only brought out the 2.0 in 2016 a think of the top of my head

which are not in the custom transit

then they brought out the 2.0 euro 6 engine which is the euro 4/5/6 block they just changed the fuel system to siemans system from the denso crap system that keep popping pistons,

but they still haven't resolved the oil pump failer on these engines as they are still using the euro 4 oil pump, well the upgraded one which is still as shit as the old one just different part numbers

they should of stuck to the euro 3 oil system

they even started putting bigger sumps on these engine trying to resolve the the issues with the oil system.

what makes me laugh is ford put a recall on all euro 4/5/6 engines to have the oil pumps changed yet Peugeot / Citroen/ fiat haven't very strange

but the same block /heads/ and injectors,OK different turbos etc

and all the manufacturers have their own fuel systems Example pcm software etc

even ford started putting the 2.2 in rwd van in 2012 then went to the 2.0 in 2015
Old 04-11-17, 06:48 PM   #7

https://www.facebook.com/pg/www.auto...=page_internal

i have done many rebuilds take a look threw my pictures mate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSA_engines

Last edited by karl mcghee; 04-11-17 at 06:56 PM. Reason: add a link
Old 04-11-17, 11:12 PM   #8

I dont know what bit you dont get as the engine used in the boxers etc from 2006 was a FORD engine same as transit 2.2 reason its the same because it IS a ford engine as you say prone to all sorts of issues including oil pump failure

Boxers up to 2006 had a DW12 2.2 engine it is a peugeot engine if you look at the list you posted from wikipedia the only 2.2 listed is the DW12 mentioned above

The joint venture it mentions is the DV6 ENGINE AND LATER DW engine used in mondeos s max focus etc

peugeot engines in cars ford engines in vans
Old 05-11-17, 06:53 AM   #9

All I know is Ive had 6 different Peugeots with the 2.2 engine and apart from the first needing injector seals they've been pretty bullet proof!! All did high miles and much better than the 2 litre unit in a lot of ways.
My first and second (807s) was the 135 HP the 3rd and forth(807 & 407) was 170 HP and the last two (508s) was 204HP. If they still putting them in the cars I would still be choosing that variant. I did wonder if they would put them in the new 508 next year with 240 HP. Doubt it though!!

Grumpy
grumpyoldgit is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-17, 08:54 AM   #10

Yes 2.2 was the best driving engine as it had loads of torque but the 1 we are talking about is the DW series engine the 1 karl is talking about is the ford puma engine 2 very different engines.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in