peugeot 1.6 hdi banjo bolt gauze? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-12-13, 05:15 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default peugeot 1.6 hdi banjo bolt gauze?

have been told to replace banjo bolt gauze filter but i couldn't find one anywhere, i have also noticed a few other bodge it and scarper jobs on this van so could someone tell me whear it fits and how to get another one? the worst thing i have found is the sump gasket was put on with bathroom/kitchen silicone! which was put on in such an amount that bits of it had been blocking the gauze pick up in the sump!

any help would be appreciated.

kind regards.
steve BGM is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-12-13, 05:22 PM   #2

ask ya self why was the pan took of in the first place

lack of servicing will cause sludge in the pan as well when you take the pan off inspect it before hand then go scrappers and get one if need be don't buy new it will cost a fortune

give more details of the van/car and ill dig some diagrams out for you
Attached Thumbnails
00079003.jpg  

Last edited by karl mcghee; 26-12-13 at 05:39 PM.
karl mcghee is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 26-12-13, 05:47 PM   #3
Inactive User

thanks for reply,

its a peugeot partner 1.6 hdi 90 on a 57 plate, the sump came off easily, the oil was bad but i have flushed the engine through and cleaned all sludge, also had the turbo return and feed pipes off and flushed them also, the pipe to the turbo was immaculate brand new with tag still on,
the gauze filter pick up line was blocked badly with crud and coke etc so have removed it and meticulously cleaned the gauze and the line, the whole engine was relitivly clean to say the oil was filthy, there were no deposits on the big ends or on rockers etc,

as for the turbo it was also immaculate, the reason for all of this is that the turbo blew and the bearing was split in two. havn't even checked the EGR yet as the rest of the bits have been very clean! the only thing i can think has caused it is that the gauze filter was blocked and that has led to the turbo running dry?

as for the banjo bolt filter, it was none existent!

i hope this info is usefull.

steve

Old 26-12-13, 06:24 PM   #4

i would off said it was the gauze but then Ive have had in the past shit in the intake causing the same problem not on these vans but vw

you may have sorted the problem but time will only tell clean egr and in take then go from their blank the egr off if possible
Old 26-12-13, 06:46 PM   #5
Inactive User

great will look into the EGR valve, its a wee bit of a fiddle to get into as its obstructed but i will give it a shot! i am a garden machinery mechanic so all this is very new to me! good fun to get stuck into even if its filled with electronics! when you say to fit a blanking plate i take it that then bypasses the recirculating process? will this not increase the heat in the turbo?

i love this van its been great but seeing as i have the turbo off i have decided to strip it down and service/overhaul it so i know a good job has been done, still cant get over the bathroom sealant in the sump though! was awful! thanks for you help.

steve
Old 26-12-13, 06:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve BGM View Post
great will look into the EGR valve, its a wee bit of a fiddle to get into as its obstructed but i will give it a shot! i am a garden machinery mechanic so all this is very new to me! good fun to get stuck into even if its filled with electronics! when you say to fit a blanking plate i take it that then bypasses the recirculating process? will this not increase the heat in the turbo?

i love this van its been great but seeing as i have the turbo off i have decided to strip it down and service/overhaul it so i know a good job has been done, still cant get over the bathroom sealant in the sump though! was awful! thanks for you help.

steve

the egr is at the back of the engine under the air box on the right hand side as you look/stood at the engine
Attached Thumbnails
00063763.jpg  
Old 26-12-13, 08:11 PM   #7
Inactive User

superb! thankyou very much for this, these diagrams help alot! cheers.

Old 30-12-13, 10:04 AM   #8
Inactive User

Default conclusion

i am posting this as i have spoken to a few dealers etc who have notified me that there is no gauze filter in the re-placement banjo bolts from peugeot? so the oil is going to the turbo unfiltered except from the main oil filter?

seems odd, i can see there point in doing this however im wondering if i cant modify the filter in the banjo bolt to being a bit more coarse as the ones ive seen are so fine its no wonder they clog! folks can let me know what you think on this.

steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in