Partner tepee Handbrake cable snapped. Need help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-02-14, 04:24 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Partner tepee Handbrake cable snapped. Need help

Hello guys,

Came home from scotland, 2 whole weeks of peace and 1200 faultless miles. Went to see daughter 4 miles away handbrake cable snapped.

Unscrewed the centre console and the snapped cable is clearly visible, the right side or drivers side (uk). Put car in ramps and the cars tells me nothing and I cant see the cable points for the handbrake on the rear wheels. Ive got no manual for repairs but understand what needs to be done if someone explained it. Is it under the rear seats? Or the footwell? I need help.

A million thanks in advance

Vic
Trikeman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-02-14, 07:10 PM   #2
Inactive User

Forgot to mention its a 58plate 1.6 75bhp si and ive found that there is a front and rear cable. I dont know where the join is can someone tell me where it is, its got a aluminium tube that it runs through which exits just behind the front door. And the cables run down the sides into the hub. I need to find join to determine which one has broke.

thanks

Vic
Old 18-02-14, 07:23 PM   #3

They are 2 seperate cables, what join are you looking for?
Cibear is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 18-02-14, 11:57 PM   #4
Inactive User

Question

Thanks for your reply Cibear, the join where the front cable meets the back one. Im not sure if my car has a front and rear cable but when I go on ebay it lists them as this. Obviously the cable is connected to the handbrake and from that I can see the cable is loose. Now im not sure where these cables meet to see if its the front or rear cable thats broken. I do hope this helps and ive explained properly.

thanks

Vic
Old 19-02-14, 05:31 PM   #5

If you want to send me your chassis No I can pull up the parts diagram and send it to you if this helps.
Old 07-03-14, 11:30 PM   #6
Inactive User

Sorry it has taken time to reply. I will get it tomorow if you can bear with me. I cant find where its snapped so I need all help I can get. Cheers Would the registration be of any help???

Last edited by Trikeman; 07-03-14 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-03-14, 02:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikeman View Post
Sorry it has taken time to reply. I will get it tomorow if you can bear with me. I cant find where its snapped so I need all help I can get. Cheers Would the registration be of any help???
No, reg no good sorry, last eight of chassis no will do.
Old 16-03-14, 07:04 PM   #8
Inactive User

Hi Cibear, thanks for your patience. This is the vin:- VF3 7J9HTC 68020275. I still cant find where its snapped but I dont want to take too much apart just in case. Im using the handbrake as the other cable seems to be holding fine, albiet the handbrake is higher. Just a question, is it ok to do this or will this over stretch the other cable and i will need to replace both. Thanks very much.

Vic
Old 18-03-14, 01:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Hi Cibear, thanks for your patience. This is the vin:- VF3 7J9HTC 68020275. I still cant find where its snapped but I dont want to take too much apart just in case. Im using the handbrake as the other cable seems to be holding fine, albiet the handbrake is higher. Just a question, is it ok to do this or will this over stretch the other cable and i will need to replace both. Thanks very much.

Vic

Sorry for late response will get detail this evening and ping you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 18-03-14, 04:00 PM   #10

Quote:

Vic
As far as i can see the handbrake cables are complete from handbrake to rear wheels there is no split between front and rear. The cables are not sided. Blue print part No ADP154605.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in