Partner HDi Siemens to Bosch ECU swap problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-12, 06:01 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Partner HDi Siemens to Bosch ECU swap problems

Hi everyone,

I have a 2005 Peugeot Partner 2.0 HDi that I'm having trouble with. I bought the van as a non-runner with not a lot of information to go on as to why it didn't run. It had Siemens injection system (ECU, fuel pump, injectors & fuel rail) that I have since changed for Bosch items from a Peugeot 206 (including the lift pump in the tank and fuel lines to and from the tank). I had to re-wire the 3 ECU connectors according to Autodata wiring diagrams, as although both the Siemens and Bosch ECU's use the same 3 plugs, the pinouts are very different. Anyway, after supplying the lift pump with 12v, the engine starts and the van drives fine.

The problem I now have is that I simply cannot get it out of Eco Mode. I've charged the battery and checked the battery voltage in Peugeot Planet and it's well over 13v at rest, and around 14.8v when the engine is running at idle. I've tried the BSI reset procedure numerous times and it doesn't seem to have helped. Also, my wipers and radio don't function (I'm assuming due to Eco Mode) and also some dials of the instrument cluster are not operational (the speedo, rev counter and coolant gauge don't work). The are some faults on the instrument cluster when I do a global scan in PP, something like incorrect values received for vehicle speed, engine speed and coolant temp. I can get correct values for all 3 in Peugeot Planet, but they don't display on the gauges in the car. The gauges all work fine on an actuation test in PP (needles all sweep right round fine). The fuel gauge also works fine all the time.

I've also checked continuity on the 2 CAN wires between the engine ECU and the BSI, and they were fine.

I'm not sure what else to try now, so I would very much appreciate any suggestions or thoughts anyone might have

Thanks in advance,
Tom.
3oh6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-12, 06:48 PM   #2

blimey ...
eco mod is controlled by the bsi. it looks for alternator charge information on the can bus network from the engine ecu. if the bsi doesnt see engine running or battery charge, one or the other cant remember. it will never come out of eco mode, their was a way of getting it out of this mod cant remember at the mow, ill post if it floods back.

this is only a guess though, but i think may be that your engine ecu needs either wiring to see alternator output or their may bee other wiring need to be connectedor altered.
The bm34 under bonnet fuse box is a part computer as well controls full pump etc, so it may be that that needs the correct wiring their also.

good luck thats a very deep hole you got their....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mastertech is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-12, 08:06 PM   #3

pin 1 of alternator goes to pin 11 of 40 way black connector on engine bay control unit
pin 2 of alternator output which i think is the one you need to sort is wire number 104 and goes to engine ecu .. sorry no data on pin locatioon but if you have the loom then look for wire number 104 on the ecu loom, connect and and pray eco mode disapears..
note note
this their is a big difference between bosch and siemens..
bosch wiring diagrams dont list this wire but siemens do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats on the engine ecu so i think their is a likely hood that you ecu doesn't have the capability of sending the data down the can bus to the bsi. in which case if it is that your need to have a look in the bsi settings and see if it can be altered , but again but i dont ever remember seeing setting like this in bsi configuration menus.

Last edited by mastertech; 10-08-12 at 08:12 PM.

Old 12-08-12, 12:02 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks for your reply mastertech. I've been really swamped with work these past few days, so as yet haven't have a chance to get down and continue on the van.

I've just had a look on Autodata again regarding the 2 alternator wires you mentioned and can't for the life of me find the ecu pin the wire number 104 from the alternator connects to. I'll have a look and see what I find next time I see the van, but it seems a bit of a mystery at the moment.

Anyway, would Eco Mode stop the instrument dials from working? I.e. the speedo, rev counter and coolant gauges? I've read that it stops the radio and wipers etc., but no mention of any dials/gauges.

I forgot to add in my first post (not sure if it's relevant), but I've unlocked the Bosch ecu (3 plug EDC15C2) to make the engine run. PP always show the engine ecu status as 'unlocked'. Also, when I plug the BSI from the 206 HDi in, it's exactly the same problems, the engine starts and runs fine, but the same things aren't working and Eco Mode doesn't disappear, even with the engine running and driving over 30mph.

I'm assuming this must be a wiring issue, as the van was originally Siemens injection and the 206 was originally Bosch injection, both with the same Siemens BSI's and I'm sure they both worked fine from the factory like that. I suppose it could be a BSI configuration issue also, but I've been looking through PP dozens of times and haven't really come across anything to help me out with this.

Maybe I'm wrong, as my knowledge and experience is rather limited compared to people like yourself on here, hence why I posted in the first place

Thanks again for your help,
Tom.
Old 12-08-12, 11:13 PM   #5
Inactive User

Also, would I be right in thinking that the 3 plug Bosch EDC15C2's ( = CAN bus supported?) don't support a dedicated vehicle speed sensor input, and instead get the vehicle speed information from the ABS control module via the CAN bus?
Old 12-08-12, 11:28 PM   #6

If i remember correctly bosch doesnt do half of what seimens does.
That more than likley your problem . The soft ware is totaly different.
the later bosch systems have CAN bus . but i think your ecu hasnt as your 206 may not have full can.

good luck.

Last edited by mastertech; 13-08-12 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-07-13, 12:38 PM   #7
Inactive User

Default mastertech details needed

Hi mastertech

At last finally found someone who may be able to help,
as you are Oxford based

Can you call me on 07900 107157 please

Regards

Gerry
Gerry406 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in