Partner Combi HDI90hp Noisy Clutch - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-08-10, 06:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Unhappy Partner Combi HDI90hp Noisy Clutch

I have a 2003 Combi, has done 130,000miles on its second clutch. Weird squealing noise has started when clutch pedal is DEpressed or when gearbox is in neutral. Also get blue smoke coming out of the clutch area with a strong clutch smell

clutch cable looks fine and clutch operation seems ok at the moment. If this was the original clutch I wouldnt be so annoyed but its the second clutch. seems to be of poor design after all most of my mileage is motorway

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know what the real issue is within the clutch assembly? Anywhere I can get a clutch replacement kit that's better than Peugeots?
Jezzy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-08-10, 06:35 PM   #2
Inactive User

your having the same problem i had a little while ago...the release bearing seems to have messed up. mine started with a little rattling noise when the clutch was pressed then suddenly one day there was a thud, and it felt like it stalled...managed to get it recovered home...60+miles away... tried it later and there was a loud squeel, smoke and a horrible smell...anyways like i say it was the release bearing.

you might want to check to see if the clutch fluid is good and topped up and maybe the slave cylinder may be on the way out, taking the clutch with it.

anyways to answer your question, eurocarparts sold a valeo clutch kit for my car for 117, and being peugeots they are probably very similar in part prices. the most expensive bit was labour 120 but i'd say stay away from dealers/independant specials and mr clutch etc go to a smaller garage that want the business so they will do it for cheap and more than likely very good quality aswell.

i have read somewhere that Peugeot Dual Mass flywheels are a bit crap to say the least. so you could have that problem if fitted, you can convert to single mass. not sure if this problem has been sorted yet tho.

hope this helps

Last edited by john_h; 15-08-10 at 08:09 AM.
john_h is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 14-08-10, 07:51 PM   #3
Inactive User

Red face Thanks John

Thanks for the info John, I found a youtube clip with the clutch noise

cant post the URLs on here but the clip is under "Low miles Problem dualmass 307 2.0 hdi"

Yes, its a Dual Mass clutch, so I will ask my friend to strip it out and see whether its worth me converting it to a single mass

A bad design by Peugeot, needs resolving properly really.

thanks again for your info

Allow me "Bettyswollocks"-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEAOKdiY0us
Jezzy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in