Need emergency diagnosis help. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-15, 08:06 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Need emergency diagnosis help.

Hello.

My wife just called, and told me Our 2004 Peugeot Partner 2.0 HDI ground to a halt in an intersection.
The oil lamp has lid up, but there is plenty of oil. Also the check engine light is on.

When she tries to turn the engine over, it ALMOST starts, but not quite.

There is a tank of diesel left.

She repports that all the electrics works, EXCEPT the cabin blower/cabin heater fans.

My problem is, that she's a a confrence in Denmark, and we live in Sweden 1000 km away, so i have no way of getting in there, and our road help only applies in Sweden, so getting a toe to the nearest garage would be 300. That's one thing, but it still wouldn't solve the problem of her being stranded.

We live in the sticks, so there is no trains to our house, so she needs the car to start, before she can get home.

Any ideas what a quick fix could be? I know this is a long shot.

Thanks
Peter G DK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-15, 04:48 AM   #2

Check wiring to diesel pressure sensor it's the red connector on common rail
trustme is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 14-12-15, 08:57 AM   #3

Inspect fuses in bsm, replace any blown one, then reboot the bsi. Examime for any residual faults, attempt starting.
Civvic is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 27-12-15, 10:57 AM   #4
Inactive User

Would be interesting to know the outcome of this incident.
Old 27-12-15, 01:21 PM   #5

Default similar problem

I encountered exactly the same problem last year with my 1.9d 2003 van. It happened that some insects found their way into the blower and this caused the blower to jam. The car refused to start after I arrived to my destination. It turned out that the jamming caused the fuse to overload and melt. I replaced the fuse among others that were blown, rebooted the bsi and was back on the road. I was enlightenment by an electrician that the blower is on the alternator circuit and that if the fuse blows it causes an imbalance in the circuit.
Civvic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 27-12-15, 01:25 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civvic View Post
....... I was enlightenment by an electrician that the blower is on the alternator circuit and that if the fuse blows it causes an imbalance in the circuit.
Certainly not something obvious, yet a simple fix. Lets hope the OP's wife managed to sort the problem
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in