intermittent engine light - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-10, 08:53 PM   #1
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11
Default intermittent engine light

Hi i have an intermittent engine light on a 1.9d partner that only shows when you labour the engine by changing up a gear too quick and applying full throttle. It comes on and if you lift your foot off the throttle it goes off in about 5 secs. It doesnt do this when driving normally giving the van plenty of revs before going for the next gear and it drives perfectly. Its behaving a bit like a pollution light or maybe showing up an egr fault. I changed the timing belt a few days ago but i cant be sure it wasnt doing this before that. Im just wondering if the pump timing is slightly out
Grenadekid is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-09-10, 10:35 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Scotcruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S C O T L A N D
Posts: 902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenadekid
Hi i have an intermittent engine light on a 1.9d partner that only shows when you labour the engine by changing up a gear too quick and applying full throttle. It comes on and if you lift your foot off the throttle it goes off in about 5 secs. It doesnt do this when driving normally giving the van plenty of revs before going for the next gear and it drives perfectly. Its behaving a bit like a pollution light or maybe showing up an egr fault. I changed the timing belt a few days ago but i cant be sure it wasnt doing this before that. Im just wondering if the pump timing is slightly out
could be anything... you need to scan the codes using diag2000

sounds like blocked filter, could be turbo..
__________________
If the info on the post was useful, please click
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to post your comments and experiences

Never post your VIN on the thread, if you need help please PM your VIN to one of the MODs
Share the knowledge and help your fellow forum members
Scotcruz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-10, 08:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Galway Ireland
Posts: 489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenadekid
Hi i have an intermittent engine light on a 1.9d partner that only shows when you labour the engine by changing up a gear too quick and applying full throttle. It comes on and if you lift your foot off the throttle it goes off in about 5 secs. It doesnt do this when driving normally giving the van plenty of revs before going for the next gear and it drives perfectly. Its behaving a bit like a pollution light or maybe showing up an egr fault. I changed the timing belt a few days ago but i cant be sure it wasnt doing this before that. Im just wondering if the pump timing is slightly out
I'm guessing your timing is off alittle.... Best thing is to get codes read...
When you start up is it running rough....??
Ron.
risky1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-10, 10:07 PM   #4
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky1
I'm guessing your timing is off alittle.... Best thing is to get codes read...
When you start up is it running rough....??
Ron.
Thats the thing ron it runs perfectly normal when cold and warm and even drove it up to 80 with no hesitations or flat spots etc.

Scotcruz and ron i hooked up my own scanner yesterday but no fault codes although i have no faith in this scanner as i think its not linking properly to van even though it says it is. Cant be turbo as its only 1.9 non turbo, which filter do you mean is blocked. I changed the air filter yesterday and she got a full service with fuel filter Thanks for the replys guys

Last edited by Grenadekid; 08-09-10 at 10:09 PM.
Grenadekid is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-10, 10:16 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Scotcruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S C O T L A N D
Posts: 902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenadekid
Thats the thing ron it runs perfectly normal when cold and warm and even drove it up to 80 with no hesitations or flat spots etc.

Scotcruz and ron i hooked up my own scanner yesterday but no fault codes although i have no faith in this scanner as i think its not linking properly to van even though it says it is. Cant be turbo as its only 1.9 non turbo, which filter do you mean is blocked. I changed the air filter yesterday and she got a full service with fuel filter Thanks for the replys guys
if you cant get any codes or warning on display then it could be anything mate...

common warning with engine management light is the DPF diesel particle filter.. which is under the vehicle.. google DPF or particle filter in image..
__________________
If the info on the post was useful, please click
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to post your comments and experiences

Never post your VIN on the thread, if you need help please PM your VIN to one of the MODs
Share the knowledge and help your fellow forum members
Scotcruz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-10, 10:41 PM   #6
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11
Default

Thanks buddy i will look into that
Grenadekid is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-10, 08:05 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Galway Ireland
Posts: 489
Default

Ther 1.9 diesels don't have dpf's....If your having a "intermittent engine light" on then there has to be faults logged....maybe post your location as there are quite a few members here with planet who maybe willing to help out...
Ron.
risky1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.