Interior lights - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-11-16, 07:51 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Interior lights

I'm looking to install led light strip into the back of my 51 plate partner van. I have the light here and it has the 2 cables red and black. I have the connectors that need to attach it to the wiring of the interior light already in the back but I don't have clue which wires they connect to. There are 5 wires on the light unit. I think 2 pink ones a brown one, yellow/green one and I can't remember last colour. Anyone be of any assistance? I want it to come on when I manually switch the light on.
Partner1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-11-16, 06:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partner1 View Post
I'm looking to install led light strip into the back of my 51 plate partner van. I have the light here and it has the 2 cables red and black. I have the connectors that need to attach it to the wiring of the interior light already in the back but I don't have clue which wires they connect to. There are 5 wires on the light unit. I think 2 pink ones a brown one, yellow/green one and I can't remember last colour. Anyone be of any assistance? I want it to come on when I manually switch the light on.
Not knowing much about Partners... But yellow/green should be ground. For the other wires, get a voltmeter or test light and check which wire shows +12 (or lights the test light) only when the switch is in the position you want the LED to light up.

This supposing the switch isn't integrated in the light)
Old 09-12-16, 05:15 PM   #3
Inactive User

This is the wires I am faced with. I have 2 scotch connectors. Just need to know what wires to connect them to so that the led light goes on when comes on when door opens and goes out when closes.
Attached Thumbnails
img-20161209-wa0005_1481307145915.jpg   imag0655_1481307231794.jpg  
Partner1 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-16, 06:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partner1 View Post
This is the wires I am faced with. I have 2 scotch connectors. Just need to know what wires to connect them to so that the led light goes on when comes on when door opens and goes out when closes.
Looks the same as the interior light in my 206.

Yellow/green is ground, no doubt in my mind there.

On my 206 one of the other lines is controlled by the key and I suspect that's what used when in 'on' position while another wire comes from/is controlled by the BSI, such that it comes on automatically when opening and dims a few seconds after starting etc.

I'd attach the ground to yellow/green and then, carefully, temporarily poke the red onto one of the other pins and see how the LED behaves (I'd attach a thin rigid piece of wire to the end of the wire for this probing). Once the appropriate wire is found, attach the scotch lock to that one.

If you want it to absolutely follow the interior light - automated on opening/closing/starting or when you switch it to the manual 'on' or 'off' positions, you could pop the back to expose the bulb and solder the end of the red wire to the terminal the bulb connects to (positive side, that is, if you observe how the switch moves, the positive end should be fairly obvious - the ground side is fixed/constant) If you put the switch in the auto/doors position, you might be able to see which pin of the socket that is connected through to the bulb.

Alight reservation: I might be overly optimistic about what one can see on an unmodified light unit - I ended up being rather brutal to mine when I replaced the bulb with an SMD LED panel...
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in