injector refurb - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-11, 09:24 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default injector refurb

hi folks,
i have a partner 1.9 diesel thats started clattering recently,garages say its the injectors and they will need to be removed and tested then fixed accordingly. This could be up to 100 per injector( apparently theres 4!) so I'm keen to find outif there is an alternative way to sort his out.
question is does anyone know if theres a cheaper way to sort this out, ive tried the injector cleaning fluid that you add to fuel but its still making the noise.

any ideas would be much appreciated.

thanks simon

Last edited by bsffamily; 01-07-11 at 09:30 PM.
bsffamily is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-11, 09:28 PM   #2
davidireland

What kind of clattering, diesel knock?
Read the ecu, if there are faults relating to advance regulation, check the valve timing. If thats ok, then most likely is the advance solenoid on the bottom of the pump.
If the valve timing is out the engine ecu is trying to regulate the advance but can't. Same symptoms when the advance solenoid has failed.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-11, 11:48 AM   #3
Inactive User

hi David thanks for that,
these are the sypmtoms,
when cold the "knocking " is louder than when warm even after relatively short journey ( a few miles or so),

at higher revs the knocking dissipates to normal engine noise.

its easier to stall in first when setting off.

No smoking to speak of except once at the start of the prob it smoked on start up and cleared away.

I had the same problem exactly, a couple of years go just after buying the van but after taking it back to the dealer he put diesel injector cleaner in it and the problem went away! after a couple of days and havnt been bothered with it since until a few days ago. Its not clearing up now tho.

really could do with a cheaper solution then 400 as i am self employed property maintenance not earning loads . Having said that if I dont have me van I cant work so am looking to get it sorted , just dont wanna be ripped off by someone saying its gonna cost that much and it not actually being that.

Are the things you speak of related to this type of issue and are they easily done myself or should they be left to proffesionals.

thanks for your help
simon
bsffamily is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-11, 11:59 AM   #4
davidireland

Just get the ecu read. The timing could be out on your engine also. It needs to be checked fairly quickly to save belt breakage problems.
  Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in