Glow plug wiring - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-13, 08:21 PM   #1

Default Glow plug wiring

Hi Guy's..

I have a project partner van that has been changed from a 2.0 hdi to a 1.9 xud engine.

Now, the problem is that the glow plugs have never worked, it has a glow plug relay like this (Part number:9639912580)..

I dont think that this is the fault as when I brought the van the wiring was a mess and I have bypassed the ECU.. so I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I can wire this direct (bypassing the ECU totally)..

I have also brought one of these if that helps me out

Many thanks in advance for any help..

Ash
_ASH_ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-13, 08:28 PM   #2

Im sure that is still an hdi relay you need an older one no need for the timer as the timer is built into the relay if you have the correct one

Any older pre 2000 peugeot or citreon glow plug relay will do 405 205 early 406 bx early xantia some of the vans

I might have one with some wiring will have a look
reliable406 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-13, 08:31 PM   #3

Brilliant.. Many thanks..

Right, I also have a mk1 peugeot 306 dturbo that I don't mind breaking for spares.. I assume that will have on on it???

Many thanks again..

Ash

Old 08-01-13, 08:42 PM   #4

D turbo is the correct relay cut some of the wires on the plug as long as you can you only actually need 3 of the thin wires to make it work earth should be obvious earth that to the battery 1 is main power feed and 1 is trigger for timer there is a return for the glow light and 1 is fed from the starter forcing the relay on while it is turning over but it will work without the last 2
Old 08-01-13, 08:55 PM   #5

Thanks again.. You're a life saver.. lol

Just a couple of more questions..

Do you have any ideas on what wire will be the feed back to the glow plug light (already on my van) as I would like to keep the standard glow plug light..

Also, the relay that I pull off my 306, do you know what wires will be for what (assuming they will be numbered)..

And also thinking about it, I assume that if I disconnect the relay thats already on my van, all the wires should be their (i.e, 12v live for the trigger, earth, and the starter feed) or is my mind racing away with me.. lol

Also, you might be able to answer.. the van has an airbag light on and Ive had it plugged in and comes back with a pretentioner problem on the drivers seat.. will the one off the 306 fit??

Many thanks again, I really appreciate it..

Ash
Old 11-01-13, 11:22 PM   #6

Been thinking about this the past couple of days..

Is the trigger timed for the 5-10 seconds?? Or is the trigger a direct ignition feed (constantly 12 volts??)..

Thanks in advance

Ash
Old 11-01-13, 11:38 PM   #7

Timer is built in to the relay apply power relay stays on for x amount of seconds then goes out sorry i did have a look for my relay but not checked pinouts on it yet for you there is also a wire goes to a temp sensor to vary glow time on later 306s

2 wires should trigger the relay 1 will be timed and the other will stay live for as long as you feed it this one goes to the starter trigger wire but is not essential the timer one is the one you need

You will need to look at a wiring diagram for the van for the glowplug light wire and you can connect this to the wire that goes to the glowplugs meaning it lights when they are on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in