Fuel problem.. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deano41

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-13, 02:51 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Fuel problem..

Good afternoon to everyone, I have just joined this forum as I have recently taken ownership of a 61 plate partner (1.6 hdi) so please bear with me if this question has been asked before and I sound thick !!
My friend is a hgv driver and regularly brings me a 25 ltr jerry can of fuel which I used to put straight into my vauxhall combi, I have just tried doing the same and have encountered a problem in that there seems to be an anti syphon plate thingy on the fuel pipe which wont let me put my fuel in, the plate just won't move either sideways or backwards, this seems strange because what happens if god forbid you run out of fuel walk 10 miles to the nearest petrol station only to find it wont take your can when you get back !! Like I said before I might be thick but just can't seem to fathom it out..Thanks for any help I may receive, John..
Deano41 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-13, 03:06 PM   #2
davidireland

Fit the optional spout to the jerry can.

jerry can spout - Google Search
  Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-13, 03:32 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the quick reply David, but I didn't really describe the jerry can that my friend brings properly, its actually a big 25 litre plastic drum and looking on google I don't think I can get a funnel/spout to fit it..I have a diesel pump that I turn by hand that fits into my plastic funnel to transfer the fuel from the drum to my old van, I have even tried pushing the flap with a hollow metal tube to simulate a spout but it still doesn't move. If I can't sort it looks my supply of cheap fuel could have a premature death..

Old 09-03-13, 04:04 PM   #4
Inactive User

Just an afterthought, if I bought a new jerry can, the metal type, would I then be able to just fit the spout and pour my fuel, if so how come the flap won't move with a push from the metal pole, or does it have to be the exact size of the opening ??
davidireland likes this.
Old 23-04-13, 11:00 AM   #5
Inactive User

May be try to put 1 worth in at a garage to see how the spout fits in.
RolyG is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in