Expert odometer light not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-12, 11:17 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Expert odometer light not working

My odometer light has stopped working and I've been told it's probably the bulb behind the dashboard. I've taken out the 2 screws above the instrument panel and the 3 screws around the heater vents but the dash won't come out as it seems to be held by something at the bottom right. Does anyone know why the dash won't come out?

This question has probably been answered before but I couldn't find any answers when I searched the forum.

Many thanks to everyone.
Paulallen777 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-12, 06:39 PM   #2
Inactive User

You've probably sorted this by now, but an answer may help others.

To remove the instruments in order to replace bulbs:

Undo 3 screws and remove centre vents

Undo and remove two screws on underside of instrument shade (in front of clock/speedo)

Pull out driver's vent (no screws, just spring clips - straight back horizontally toward vehicle rear)

Reach in and under instrument binnacle liner until you feel a round plastic fitting roughtly aligned with the right edge of the steering column covers. (Upper and lower steering column shrouds may be removed if helpful).

Feed a LONG, thin torx screwdriver up from under the steering column and guide the tip with the hand inside the dash so the tip goes into the round plastic part. Wiggle about as required to locate the screw head and undo. Remove screw and conical plastic part.

Instrument binnacle liner can now be carefully eased out of place.

Instrument cluster is held in by 2 screws along bottom edge and one at the top.

Ease Instrument forward until two multiplugs can be accessed. Fully lift the clip on each and the plugs will unseat and can be pulled out.

Remove Instruments and replace bulbs as required.

In true Haynes Manual tradition.... refitting is the reverse of removal !

Last edited by Handyandy-UK; 12-05-12 at 06:41 PM.
Handyandy-UK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in