Expert/806 2.0 JTD 16V 109HP ECU not connected - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-12-12, 10:46 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Expert/806 2.0 JTD 16V 109HP ECU not connected

Hi folks,

long story, skip if you like. It is just to give some information arround my problem.
..... "it" had begun in Italy, the red STOP light came on, engine stalled. Did not start again. After bleeding the Diesel filter and pulling the battery cable..... started again. No problems, full power.
About 30 miles later, on a highway, the red STOP light came on again... engine stalled (rev counter dropped instantly) ... engine never started again
Got towed to the mechanic, the plugged a diagnose system on (not sure what kind) and could not connect to the ECU. Same happened at another big Peugeot dealer. So, he guessed faulty ECU.
Dropped the car to an car-electric tuning shop...after about 1 week the car was running again ... however, they did't tell me what they have done. Good thing, the speed limiter seems to be off, on the German autobahn.. I pull 185kph @ 4100 RPM (usually governed at 165 kph)..cool.
Aaaaaaaanyhow, due to this incidence I decided to purchase a diagnose system myself, a HK-clone of ACTIA. Installed and "activated" PP2000 and Lexia sucessfully.

! Vehicle Info !
Fiat Scudo Lusso (Eurovan, aka Peugeot Expert, Citroen Jumpy)
12/2002, 5 spd manual, with AC and anti lock brakes
Engine 2.0 JTD ( HDI ) 16V 109 HP
Engine code DW10ATED

Well.... now....somehow the problems begin. I have had no luck on the German forums... not much experience there... or..maybe.. they are holding back ? Hmmmm.....
on PP2000 I can choose either the 806 or the Expert, do the Global Test, all ECUs are found. ABS, Engine, Comfort...... and errors are found.

!Problem 1 !
Sporadic Engine ECU connection error. (thus, the same as the 2 dealers had in the past). I am unable to write a log, clear errors or change setting in the Engine ECU. I can however, display air mass, intake temp, fuel delivery, throttle position, etc....
--> My idea was to start with the harness first. I investigated the wiring diagramm and found:
PIN OBD II............Bosch EDC15C2
3................................G4
7................................ B4
14................................ D2
15................................ J4
Could someone kindly confirm the pinning? I would simply do a resistance check. If found ok... I will investigate further.
! Or...... is this a USER-Problem ?? Anything I have not done correctly? DAM Number I used was 9291. Is this a common issue?
The PP2000 works flawlesly otherwise. I am not concerned about the PC or the hardware, since it does detect all ECUs and displays all kind of data. Thus, I believe, either a setting on the Actia/PC ... or ... a hardware issue between the OBD II and the ECU.

! Problem 2 !
this has to do with my idle. Usually, when the car starts moving/ rolls, the idle jumps from about 780 RPM to about 1000 RPM..... sometimes ... it stays low @ 780 RPM. Not sure why. Not a biggie... but still like to know what is going on.

Ok...enough complaint....
wish you all a nice holiday,

BTW
I DID use the "search" quite intensly....did not find any help though :-(

Any suggestion, hint....would be greatly appreciated

cheers
Mike

Last edited by michael1972; 24-12-12 at 12:16 PM.
michael1972 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-12-12, 07:27 PM   #2
Inactive User

How old is this vehicle
MadV is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 24-12-12, 07:56 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadV View Post
How old is this vehicle
Hi there,

based on DAM coding... build 04/2012
first owner 12/2002

Cheers,
Mike

Old 25-12-12, 10:19 PM   #4
Inactive User

First thing is to check earths and then the coolant sensors amd any coolant level sensors to see if they have leaked water into the harness, see if any moisture is in the ecu connectors.
Old 25-12-12, 10:26 PM   #5
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadV View Post
First thing is to check earths and then the coolant sensors amd any coolant level sensors to see if they have leaked water into the harness, see if any moisture is in the ecu connectors.
Fair assessment but coolant into the wiring loom doesnt happen to the expert. Its not a known problem.
The egr valve can if it has failed or is failing can spike other components of the engine management system on engines with this management system ie siemens SID801 or 803, or somehing like that. Try and disconnect the egr valve and test drive and read the ecu.

Sent from my GT-S5690
  Quick reply to this message
Old 26-12-12, 09:10 AM   #6
Inactive User

Oi folks, nnnnnice
definately the first forum.... I got some usefull hints.

@MadV
will do that... as soon as this ugly pooring hast stopped. Not sure though if it is the moisture, since the car got "fixed" ..... and the connection problem persisted....
Do I check the EXU main connector only... or are there other ones to check.
The ground.... any particular one?
--> Question:
Is it safe to assume that, if there is an wiring issue, the problem is on the ECU side, not on the PP2000? I am getting to this point, because all the other ECUs are working as they should, can access them as it should be. So, I assumed the PP2000 in working order, the OBD connector and the other ECUs as well.
Grounds I find:
M001 on BB00
M000 on BB00
MC24 on OBD 2
MC22 on OBD 2
and, I guess the most important, MC16, should be ECU

@davidireland

cool... I disabled the EGR a long time ago... but never pulled the wiring to the valve.
I will measure the coil-resistance.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 26-12-12, 10:20 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Fair assessment but coolant into the wiring loom doesnt happen to the expert. Its not a known problem.
The egr valve can if it has failed or is failing can spike other components of the engine management system on engines with this management system ie siemens SID801 or 803, or somehing like that. Try and disconnect the egr valve and test drive and read the ecu.

Sent from my GT-S5690
I get where your coming from but is anything out of bounds on Peugeots/Fiats
Old 26-12-12, 11:09 AM   #8
Inactive User

...if I could only find my glass ball......

BTW..the ECU is the Bosch EDC15C2
Old 26-12-12, 09:13 PM   #9
davidireland

When the engine is running pull the wiring loom in places and see if it stops. Sounds like a wiring problem.

Sent from my GT-S5690
  Quick reply to this message
Old 29-12-12, 05:04 PM   #10
Inactive User

Hi folks,

measured the EGR valve...turned out to be 14 Ohms.
Is that about right?

Did a visual on the wiring harness.... the ground MC16 looks good.
Did NOT disassemble the ECU today...due to the weather.
Bollocks....the aux-heater is such a pain in the a......... otherwise it would be quick pulling the ECU...
Anyhow, ...any comments on the DC resistance of the EGR ?

Cheers
Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in