Expert 2.0Hdi - No supply to radiator fan relays? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By windy1603

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-12-15, 08:00 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Expert 2.0Hdi - No supply to radiator fan relays?

Hi all,

First post, have been "lurking" for a while though...

Wondering if anyone has come across this before?

My 08' 2.0Hdi had the A/C regassed yesterday after I replaced the (holed) condenser, the A/C was inop when I purchased the van last week.

Anyway, A/C is great now - BUT I noticed that the radiator cooling fans were not coming on at all when the A/C was on, which they should do. So a bit of investigation revealed the following;

Both fans work fine when connected direct to 12v.
Both fans earths are sound.
All 3 relays in pack fixed to slam panel operate as they should, opening and closing with A/C demand.
There is no 12v supply to the "switched" contacts on any of the relays.
Supplying the "dead" side of the relays with 12v, causes the fans to operate perfectly, switching on and off with the relays.
Activating the fans via the OBD (SnapOn Modis Ultimate) just makes the relays click open and closed, as they are not being fed with 12v to pass on to the fans.

So, I'm thinking there must be a fuse somewhere that covers the main high current supply to the fans, but where, I cannot fathom. I've downloaded every workshop manual and wiring diagram I can find, but cannot see it..

Anyone got an idea where I should be looking?

Thanks in advance for any replies..

Mike

Last edited by GSMGuy; 20-12-15 at 08:04 PM.
GSMGuy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-12-15, 08:42 PM   #2

Check harness back to battery as they can have broken wires or poor joints. If like most Peugeot's the fuses for fans are maxi fuses on front of fuse box (easy to miss as down the front face of the fuse box)
GSMGuy likes this.
Old 20-12-15, 08:54 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Check harness back to battery as they can have broken wires or poor joints. If like most Peugeot's the fuses for fans are maxi fuses on front of fuse box (easy to miss as down the front face of the fuse box)
Cheers, is that the fuse box under the bonnet, near to washer filler? I noticed some big fuses in that and was wondering if the supply was fused there or it went straight back to battery..

Mike
GSMGuy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in