Expected some help but..... - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree21Likes
  • 7 Post By Gibbo
  • 3 Post By storeman
  • 3 Post By navsail2000
  • 3 Post By salster
  • 2 Post By rustyroger
  • 3 Post By rolyk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-14, 06:50 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Expected some help but.....

I thought enthusiasts might share information on this site, it appears not. looking at the statistics, the amount of "read" compaired to "reply" shows its just people with nothing better to do than read about other peoples problems. j
lee barron is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-14, 07:35 AM   #2

Where to start? How about this:

1) You posted at 8.30 last night when many technical members like myself are offline. We're not paid to be here so don't expect us to sit in front of a screen 24 hours a day just to give you free advice.

2) Have you considered that the "views" might be from spambots rather than members? This is a very active and prominent site and gets "hit" daily.

3) Your question is very vague. The FAQ (point 6) explains about giving detail and I would have been happy to have logged into Peugeot's Servicebox to look up the information for you if I was given more detail.

4) Your question is very technical and probably out of the league of many Peugeot car owners, of which makes up most of our members, so if even any of them have read it, would you rather prefer that every single member replies with "sorry, can't help" just to satisfy you? You also need to consider that some members might not even click on the Van section of the forum.

I can't imagine anybody wanting to bother helping you now with your attitude.

Have a read of the FAQ, there's some important points that are very relevant, particularly this bit:

Quote:
Remember, we've been here for years and there's no obligation to only sign up when you're having problems. The AA wouldn't entertain a discount instant membership request after you've broken down, we operate on the same principle.

You wouldn't get technical advice to the level we give for free from a garage, so with this in mind, please consider giving something back by helping us in the following ways:
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 03-12-14, 07:48 AM   #3

I agree with Gibbo.

A lot of members who don't have a great level of technical knowledge read posts with similar problems that they are experiencing in case there may be a reply that would help them resolve their own issues. With an attitude like yours you are Very likely to alienate the very people who could help you resolve your issue.

Pay me 60-80 and hour and in return I'll give you the exact same attention as a garage would. How many garage would you have been able to get advice from at 8:30 pm? Impatience and complaining that no-one answered your question within five minutes will get you nowhere very fast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by storeman; 03-12-14 at 06:45 PM.
storeman is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-14, 09:57 AM   #4
Inactive User

All I can say is that my experience as a new member is that I am overwhelmed at the level of responses and the quality of the information given especially as I suspect that my questions are old chestnuts! Still people took the time to answer!
storeman, marchie1053 and E7 58reg like this.
navsail2000 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-14, 03:20 PM   #5

if you don,t like this site don,t come on to it. I like a lot of other members on here are mechanics and will share our knowledge and try to help but we have our own lives to lead and are not on here all the time.
storeman, marchie1053 and E7 58reg like this.
salster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-14, 07:54 AM   #6

Come on you guys!, don't you know the universe revolves around this man.......

Roger.
storeman and E7 58reg like this.
Old 04-12-14, 09:03 AM   #7
Inactive User

I must say my first post on this forum was yesterday and within a few hours I had some useful replies, so can't agree with the op. And thanks to the guys that are taking the time to reply.
Gibbo, storeman and E7 58reg like this.
rolyk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in