Dw8 engine swap - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-17, 09:59 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Dw8 engine swap

Hi all,

My 03 Citroen dispatch engine died last week I've fitted a new engine from wreckers now it will not start. It did fire up and run for a day but now it just cranks over but won't run. The old engine had injector with wire on it but the new engine does not also the pump has different wiring plugs. I've done a code scan which came up with the following codes

P1102 return signal injection needle
P0122 pedal position sensor circuit
P1106 valve injection begin

I'm not getting any fuel to injectors so thinking its immobilised now but don't know why it ran for a day any help would be appreciated very frustrated after wasting a day fitting engine.

Regards stew
stewart_2004 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-05-17, 10:42 AM   #2

DW8 pump has a code box over the stop solenoid did you use your original pump if not this will stop it going but you say you did have it going which makes no sense if pump was not changed unless the code box was removed in which case there is no immobiliser.
Old 13-05-17, 05:27 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hey thanks for reply I didn't use original pump it was pump that came with engine as I didn't know about immobiliser in pump it ran several times after engine swap then nothing just cranks I've got glow plug light comes on and goes off ok the temp light is red then goes off when cranking gonna swap injectors over and put one with wire back in and I will code read it again.

Old 13-05-17, 10:12 PM   #4

If the pump you have still has the code box on it then that is your issue why it ran initially i dont know but i have seen that happen it is now locked as it does not match the immobiliser code and that is why you have no fuel its nothing to do with injectors

You wont get much useful codes as it is a mechanical system with electronics for fuel refinement and EGR only to be honest it would run with ALL the wires off except the immobiliser wires.

2 options put on old pump or cut off code box and hard wire the stop solenoid to an ignition feed.
Old 14-05-17, 03:24 PM   #5
Inactive User

Thanks again for reply that's my next job removing casing for stop soloniod and re wiring it hope that sorts problem thanks again for help will keep you posted.
Old 14-05-17, 09:14 PM   #6
Inactive User

Well the van is running again now thanks to your help I had fun trying to cut/butcher the top off pump to reveal the stop solonoid with pump on van still but got there in the end swaped them over and fired first time.

Only problem is now it's overheating is there any bleed screws on the engine I've got one on the radiator from what I can see is there any special way to bleed it up it's going into red after 5 mins from cold.
Old 15-05-17, 07:44 AM   #7

I just run them with heater on full and keep revving it till the heater blows hot if heater does not blow hot engine will overheat.

There will be a bleed screw on heater pipes but they dont always open
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in