Clutch problem with bad fuel consumption - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-13, 07:44 PM   #1
Inactive User

Unhappy Clutch problem with bad fuel consumption

Had a clutch replaced on my 2003 Expert 2.0hdi van just over a month ago. 2 weeks before replacing as i can feel the clutch was slipping, one time the clutch pedal sank about 2 inches and stayed in that position even though now the clutch is replaced. I now have to press the clutch right down to the floor to change gear. When parked on a hill sometimes it is difficult to change to reverse or 1st gear.
Also when the garage replaced my clutch (LUK clutch), they broke the speedo valve which caused the van to shudder when driving and lack of power when the turbo hasn't kicked in and higher fuel consumption. Before i normally get just over 200 miles with 30 diesel, when the speedo valve broke, i was only getting around 160 miles. Replaced speedo valve, van was OK for several weeks until last week i suddenly felt the same thing happening but speedo was working fine. Had diagnosed with a scanner, code P0903 (clutch actuator faulty ) Now the van feels as though it is dragging until the turbo comes on and the fuel consumption has dropped.

Would this be the clutch master and slave cylinder needing replaced ?

Help appreciated
pdai11 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in