Cable plug under seat - how to undo? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By davidireland
  • 1 Post By davidireland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-12, 03:09 PM   #1

Default Cable plug under seat - how to undo?

Can someone tell me how to undo this plug that's under the seat so I can get it repaired?

For the life of me I can't undo the two bits!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
photo.jpg  
214342 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-12-12, 05:55 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi.

I've been having the same problem! Looking at your picture, if you put your finger where the orange bit is and lift the blue plastic catch upwards and then pull it'll come apart. I have just spent a few hours trying to separate this plug. Hope that helps..

You maybe able to answer my question.

I've swapped the double passenger seat for a single drivers seat. I notice this blue plug goes to the centre seat seatbelt reel (on the drivers side it goes the the seatbelt anchor point)
So now I don't have a centre seatbelt reel the plug is redundant although I've connected it to the seatbelt anchor on the passenger side (was a drivers seat). I now have a fault on the dash 'seatbelt/airbag fault'. I assume its looking for the centre seatbelt reel.

Would you know how I would over come this. (I notice on the double passenger seat the 2 seatbelt anchors are not sensed, just the reels)

Thanks

Chris..
Drive2xL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 31-12-12, 06:08 PM   #3

Hi Chris,

Yep - same exact issue - sadly I caved and restored the double seat and plugged the cable back in (apparantely the seatbelt/warning light also disables all airbags which could cause issues with insurance if there was an accident).

I'll reply to your other post as it's more relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive2xL View Post
Hi.

I've been having the same problem! Looking at your picture, if you put your finger where the orange bit is and lift the blue plastic catch upwards and then pull it'll come apart. I have just spent a few hours trying to separate this plug. Hope that helps..

You maybe able to answer my question.

I've swapped the double passenger seat for a single drivers seat. I notice this blue plug goes to the centre seat seatbelt reel (on the drivers side it goes the the seatbelt anchor point)
So now I don't have a centre seatbelt reel the plug is redundant although I've connected it to the seatbelt anchor on the passenger side (was a drivers seat). I now have a fault on the dash 'seatbelt/airbag fault'. I assume its looking for the centre seatbelt reel.

Would you know how I would over come this. (I notice on the double passenger seat the 2 seatbelt anchors are not sensed, just the reels)

Thanks

Chris..

Old 31-12-12, 06:12 PM   #4
davidireland

Put a small screwdriver in where the red bit is. Its easy if look at it carefully.

Sent from my GT-S5690
214342 likes this.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-13, 11:44 AM   #5
Inactive User

Hi. me again.

I've removed the middle seatbelt from the double seat. Because I've swapped connectors etc is it poss to let me know what colour wire connects to which on the blue plug. I have orange and blue out of the floor, and brown and blue from the seatbelt reel.
Many thanks..
I'm going to store it under the seat until I find another solution.

p.s. I'm going to ring Allied vehicles in the wk. As our pug expert originally came from them. (they do disabled conversions, involves removing seat etc..)

Happy new year..
Drive2xL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-13, 11:51 AM   #6
davidireland

Being of a safety nature you won't find many people giving advise (incl myself) about airbag systems. Messing with these systems is too dangerous. life and death and all that.
307pugpete likes this.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-13, 11:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive2xL View Post
p.s. I'm going to ring Allied vehicles in the wk. As our pug expert originally came from them. (they do disabled conversions, involves removing seat etc..)
Just spoken to a local taxi conversion company who also suggested putting the seatbelt under the seat as the best option. He mentioned resisters but said they often fail.

In reality I'm wondering what I'd actually get trying to flog the double seat so might be the best option. Just need to find a single seat now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in