Anyway to disable 30min Eco switch off? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-11, 03:47 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Anyway to disable 30min Eco switch off?

Hi

Any way to disable infuriating 30min "ECO MODE" switch off in a 2007 Diesel Paeugeot Partner Van?

thanks
cloudhop is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-11, 05:49 PM   #2
chopper1192

Nope.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-11, 09:30 PM   #3
Inactive User

well thank you ..you caring considerate gits at peugeot...thats caused me a mega problem...The Tinker Monkeys strike again...

Old 08-05-11, 09:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudhop View Post
well thank you ..you caring considerate gits at peugeot...thats caused me a mega problem...The Tinker Monkeys strike again...
Why?
bettyswollocks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-11, 12:38 AM   #5
Inactive User

why?

I converted the van into a Micro camper for myself.

Ive got DVD, extra led inner lights, fans etc (low wattage) which will all now switch off after 30mins.

Now I have to re route battery wiring.

Dont you find that with this and other things like PC's where the Tinker monkeys interfere to "help" you make life easy, they just f*** things up???

still their keeping themselves in a job...?
Old 09-05-11, 02:21 AM   #6

this might sound stupid but why not install another battery for the stuff you want to run, i know the 30min eco mode does piss me off but then i kinda can bypass it for my radio its wired to the battery so i know my aftermarked radio wont turn off i have a bigger battery installed so i know my car will start after a while,

if you get intouch with a car audio installer they can tell you whats the best way to install the 2nd battery plus have it charge up the battery when your main battery is charged am near sure you can buy a split relay kit but am not sure were ebay i know 100% that car audio installers do sell them and set them up
CMax_307 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-11, 03:16 PM   #7
Inactive User

Thank you Cmax for the advice...I dont know which way to go with this one
(why should I have too?)
either 2nd battery or a tap direct from the battery for 12v extras DVD etc

but what a total idiotic idea of them. 1hr I could live with..30min..not even enough time to load a van properly.This will cost me time and money either way.

regards
Old 09-05-11, 04:12 PM   #8
chopper1192

So, you're using the vehicle for a purpose it was never intended (fair play, sounds like a good project) and Pug are ignorant gits for not knowing that?

I'd lay in a different power supply direct to the battery, but I'd do so with caution as I'm not sure how that may mess things up with other dash items, or I'd stick a radio on a shelf in the rear, perhaps a DAB one?

PS, lets have some pics of the project!
  Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-11, 04:45 PM   #9
Inactive User

correct me if i am wrong. but cant eco mode be shut off with planet?

im not defending peugeot here but in the end, they have programmed their vehicles to protect themselves, to stop the general user suffering later on...for say a damaged ECU due to a flat battery etc, they wont see the point of spending money for the few when they can help the millions.

if it was me i would sling a smaller, cheaper 12v battery in, figure some sort of charge system out. enclose it safely and done.

but anyways good luck and as chops says, lets see some piccys

john_h is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-11, 05:09 PM   #10

id go down the split charge route with the 2nd battery as when your car is running and charging its going charge up the 2nd battery.

the only thing that might be an idea is get a switch installed in line with the main feed from the split relay so the 2nd battery is only used for the stuff you want to power then next morring or when ever flick the switch so it charges and keeps the battery topped up with power that way it wont mess about with the cars power.
CMax_307 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in