Alternator - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-13, 10:53 PM   #1
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default Alternator

HI

I have a 2002 expert van ,just recently the battery light has started to flash and sometimes stays on when I,m driving , I,m taking a guess by sayin maybe the alternator is at fault , can somone advise me what my options are

been told rather than replace it just fit new brushes

if this is the case how easy a job is it and what would i need to do

if i ned to replace the alternator how easy a job is that

or am I way off lol
rescueuall is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-01-13, 03:17 PM   #2
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueuall View Post
HI

I have a 2002 expert van ,just recently the battery light has started to flash and sometimes stays on when I,m driving , I,m taking a guess by sayin maybe the alternator is at fault , can somone advise me what my options are

been told rather than replace it just fit new brushes

if this is the case how easy a job is it and what would i need to do

if i ned to replace the alternator how easy a job is that

or am I way off lol
Hi there,

test alternator function:
usually a clamp-amp meter would do the job, not many people have one.
Use a Voltmeter, DC setting, add the leads to Bat+ Bat-
should read aroun 12.2 - 12V
start the engine...turn on the lights, high beam , fan max and defrost
take a bat reading at idle (should be around 13.6 - 13.8)...have someone rev the engine in idle to 1800-2000rpm....hold there.....battery should read 13.8-14.4

Make a visual on the alternator connection. there is a small lead coming out. Many times those are the culprit....check for corrosion and if the connector is still 100% ok.

Cheers
Mike
michael1972 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-13, 05:27 PM   #3
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1972 View Post
Hi there,

test alternator function:
usually a clamp-amp meter would do the job, not many people have one.
Use a Voltmeter, DC setting, add the leads to Bat+ Bat-
should read aroun 12.2 - 12V
start the engine...turn on the lights, high beam , fan max and defrost
take a bat reading at idle (should be around 13.6 - 13.8)...have someone rev the engine in idle to 1800-2000rpm....hold there.....battery should read 13.8-14.4

Make a visual on the alternator connection. there is a small lead coming out. Many times those are the culprit....check for corrosion and if the connector is still 100% ok.

Cheers
Mike

thankx Mike will give it a check when and if the rain stops
rescueuall is offline   Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-13, 07:26 PM   #4
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 94
Cool

Also if it has the small type plug fitted sometimes they become loose and have a poor connection.
If you need an alternator call Swan Street Salvage in Wolves they Break Peugeot experts.

Think there number is 01902 351993 ask for MARTYN


Hope this helps Damian
belmo04 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-13, 07:30 PM   #5
Inactive User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmo04 View Post
Also if it has the small type plug fitted sometimes they become loose and have a poor connection.
If you need an alternator call Swan Street Salvage in Wolves they Break Peugeot experts.

Think there number is 01902 351993 ask for MARTYN


Hope this helps Damian

HI

thanx for the reply , I havent had a chance to have a proper look , is the plug easy to find and easy to access ,
rescueuall is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.