airbag light - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-08-13, 04:00 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default airbag light

I have a 59 plate peugeot partner van, and took it for its MOT and it failed, manily the airbag warning light, tried looking over internet and its says take apart connectors and put together and it will be fine, I can find conncectors under drivers seat, but I think the prob is under the passenger seat as there is 2 wires going in to a black connectors (wires are yellow/green and red), that looks rusty, the red cable has come out of the connector, but on the drivers side theres wires are different colours, any one got any idas how to fix it, as I don't fancy putting it in to the local Peugeot garage as there prices are very high
bluemonkey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-08-13, 02:37 PM   #2
Inactive User

took it to Peugeot, waste of time, as they said, I should have cables un der seat which I haven't got, and when I showed them the connector I thought was problem, they didn't have a clue, below is a pic of the connector under passenger seat, it isn't connected to any thing, but has gone rusty and one of the cables have come out, should this be connected to any thing
Old 24-08-13, 02:46 PM   #3
Inactive User

Attached Thumbnails
sdc14441.jpg  

Old 24-08-13, 03:54 PM   #4

Did they not put it on the diagnostic? It could be several things .. seats are only one possibility ..
gazza82 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 24-08-13, 09:29 PM   #5

First off, does the passenger seat have an airbag ? If not then no, the connector wouldn't be connected to anything. If the seat does have an airbag then there should be a cable from the seat that connects to the cars wiring loom the same as the drivers seat. The colour of the individual cables do not have to be the same on both sides. They usually have different colours for identification purposes.

Secondly, A diagnostic would give more information as to where there is an issue in the airbag system. Not knowing where the problem is means people can't really offer good advice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 25-08-13, 11:55 AM   #6
Inactive User

just looked at van, it aint got a airbag on passenger side, so looks like it has to go back in to them

this might sound stupid, if I take out both seats, and disconnect them from the system and light stays on, does that mean prob is then nothing to do with the seats
Old 25-08-13, 02:40 PM   #7

I would imagine that removing the drivers seat would bring up the warning light. You really need the results of a diagnostic to locate the cause of the problem. It could be an airbag issue, the airbag ecu, a connector or even the com2000. Without knowing what is the root cause, it's all going to be guess work and if you are lucky, you may stumble across it. Find the Planet map on the forum and then find a member with planet who lives near you and message them to see if they'll run a diagnostic. You need 20 posts before you can message another member but that is easily done in the 20 message thread which is also on the forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 25-08-13, 02:49 PM   #8

Wires under the seats disconnected puts the light on.

A broken airbag squib in the steering column will put the light on.

A fault in ANY of the airbag wiring will put the light on.

Seatbelt pretensioner faulty/fired will also put the light on.

A faulty ecu for the airbags will put the light on.

As said you need diagnostics to fix the cause of the fault
reliable406 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 25-08-13, 02:54 PM   #9
Inactive User

cheers will try Peugeot again on Tuesday,

what is planet on here?
Old 25-08-13, 03:09 PM   #10

Planet is the dealer diagnostic software. A number of members of the forums have this software and can run the same diagnostic checks as the dealers. Having the diagnostic check done will lead to a correct diagnosis but the check is just the first step. Interpreting the results can sometimes be a little tricky. Once the diagnostic has been done, posting the results of the errors will then allow people to give sound advice on what to do next to resolve the problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in