2006 Expert ECU Wiring Help Please - Pictures Included - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-12, 03:37 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 2006 Expert ECU Wiring Help Please - Pictures Included

Hi everybody

I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Am in need of your great help again please, have sent the ecu off to be checked as local garage suspected this was the fault behind it occasionally not starting etc.
ECU arrived back and had encountered some water intake hence some damage occured. It had been repaired, however the engine management light was present once ECU was back, something not present before.

It would start yet again sometimes and other times would either refuse to start or I would get few yards up the street and it would cut out and refuse to start.
Garage scanned it and it came up with a immobiliser / anti start fault.

I spoke to the ECU place whom told me to return it and they would check it free of charge and decode / remove immobilsor from it.
They advised (pictured) for me to disconnect wires B3 & D1 on Plug A to stop the immobilisor from re-coding. However I could only locate a pink wire at point B3 (pictured) which I have cut, there was nothing present at D1 location (pictured).

The vehicle starts fine at the minute but engine management light still comes back on after engine has started.

Around 6 months ago when this fault first occured but before ECU was sent of to be checked / repaired, a local auto electrician done a bit of modification to the wiring which I think was to kick start the fuel pump, I have shown pictures of this, orange wire soldered to yellow wire on Plug A which goes to the little black box, this then has a white wire coming from the loom to the black box and one ground grey wire that connects to the ecu connecting support screw.

My thinking is that now the ECU has been repaired, maybe the wiring should be returned back to normal as this is what could be causing the engine management light to be present.
However, I am not sure exactly how I would go about this and dont want to risk anything until anyone here can advise further on the white wires requirement and / or if this needs re-connecting somewhere.

Lastly have I disconnected the correct wire (pink) at point B3?
Thank you for all your help everybody, would really like to see the back of this constant problem thats haunted me for over 12 months.
Attached Thumbnails
20120616_145846.jpg   20120616_145900.jpg   20120616_145908.jpg   20120616_150011.jpg   20120616_150015.jpg  

Stinkyfeet is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-06-12, 03:42 PM   #2
Inactive User

More pictures, thank you
Attached Thumbnails
20120616_150033.jpg   20120616_150036.jpg   20120616_150041.jpg   20120616_150046.jpg   20120616_150057.jpg  

Old 16-06-12, 03:45 PM   #3
Inactive User

Last few pictures.
A very big thank you to the forum for any help you can give
Attached Thumbnails
20120616_150103.jpg   20120616_150112.jpg   20120616_150132.jpg  

Old 16-06-12, 10:58 PM   #4
Inactive User

Pretty please, would love to get this sorted please help if you can.

Big thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in