2002 Partner 1.9 DW Spluttering + Coolant Contamination? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-10-12, 10:03 PM   #1
Inactive User

Unhappy 2002 Partner 1.9 DW Spluttering + Coolant Contamination?

Hi all,

Just registered to this forum as I am running out of answers (and money!) with the Haynes manual for partners/berlingo's.

I have had the partner (reg: NX02 HPF) for about 6 months now, bought with 75,000 miles on the clock, full service and MOT.

About a month ago a few problems started occurring. I had replaced all the small bulbs (door light front and rear, number plate and sidelights) with LED bulbs, two of which have blown and one which flickers with window wipers on. I am replacing all these with the originals now as i know this would cause problems (wrong voltage etc).

However, this was a minor issue.

Last week i accidentally started pouring power steering fluid into the coolant/radiator tank. Since then i have flushed the entire system twice and then ran idle for 10 minutes with radiator flush in and flushed out again, refilling with 50/50 coolant and water, even after that there is still white bits floating around?

Also i ran the tank down with near to nothing left, filled up thinking nothing of it and there was intermittent loss of power and sounding like the engine was struggling, only once every 10/15 miles, could be during gear change, taking corners or putting foot down on gas, not sure, so since then i thought the fuel filter could be blocked so I've changed that and since has been better but not completely gone?

So I've flushed coolant, still white bits
Changed fuel filter, still stuttering
And replacing all bulbs tommorow with originals

Any more advice or similar faults with vans of your own and/or solutions would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

Joe
partnerpal is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-10-12, 08:48 AM   #2
Inactive User

First. Did you bleed the system out when you refilled it.
MadV is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 15-10-12, 01:49 PM   #3
Inactive User

Completley bled coolant/radiator system, not fuel

Last edited by partnerpal; 16-10-12 at 01:21 AM.

Old 15-10-12, 03:27 PM   #4
davidireland

Check the egr system, paying attention to the throttle butterfly. These close up either fully or partially leading to problems you are having.
Get a diagnostic check done also.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 15-10-12, 04:50 PM   #5
Inactive User

Don't know what the EGR system is or throttle butterfly? Sorry could you simplify? Asked lots of people and they have said to check head gasket, this could cause coolant to go milky, which it is now.

Would a diagnostics check need to be done on a PP2000 at a peugeot garage? how much would it cost?
Old 15-10-12, 08:16 PM   #6
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by partnerpal View Post
Don't know what the EGR system is or throttle butterfly? Sorry could you simplify? Asked lots of people and they have said to check head gasket, this could cause coolant to go milky, which it is now.

Would a diagnostics check need to be done on a PP2000 at a peugeot garage? how much would it cost?
Yes the headgasket blown can cause milky coolant. Or a cracked cylinder. Or the oil cooler.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 16-10-12, 12:46 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Yes the headgasket blown can cause milky coolant. Or a cracked cylinder. Or the oil cooler.
Right ok. Well i'm going to try and get it serviced tommorow, so hopefully they can tell me, but which out of the three would cause the engine to splutter and loose power slightly every so often? Must be one of those causing the problem, can't remember the coolant being that white before i changed it, could flushing it out cause more of an already apparent problem?

Cheers for the advice and help

Last edited by partnerpal; 16-10-12 at 01:22 AM.
Old 16-10-12, 04:41 PM   #8
Inactive User

Flushed it out today again just with water this time, took an hour to.flush till clean, but filled back up and there is hardly any white at all now, still wondering about engine though?
Old 16-10-12, 04:46 PM   #9
Inactive User

here is a photo now.
Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1350402353991.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in