1.9D Expert 2003 cutting out at junctions. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-12, 09:31 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 1.9D Expert 2003 cutting out at junctions.

Hi wonder if anyone can help.

Yesterday afternoon my van struggled to start probably down to the cold. Never had an issue with it previously. Anyway collected daughter from school and on my way back (probably done around 8 mile) the engine cut out on me as i was approaching a junction flashing the oil light at me. It started perfectly on first try so home we went. The van smelt hot but the temp guage was fine. Took 2 hours after getting home before engine was cool enough to allow me to check oil and water. They appear fine, no oil in water and vice versa. Levels good.

Started van this morning after allowing the plugs 3 attempts to warm up. It started like a dream. Drove my daughter to school and almost back to house when van cut out again. Again started first time. 100yds up the road and it does it again Grrrr.

Any ideas anyone. I am completely brassic at mo so cant afford horrendous diagnostic costs.

It has half a tank of fuel in it so not a fuel low problem.

Thanks in advance
shelley306 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-01-12, 10:00 AM   #2
Inactive User

If it's smelling hot and you're getting the oil light flashing, i would get an oil pressure test done asap to rule out low oil pressure.
Low oil pressure = engine go bang
When was the last oil change?
danthevan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 17-01-12, 10:13 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthevan View Post
If it's smelling hot and you're getting the oil light flashing, i would get an oil pressure test done asap to rule out low oil pressure.
Low oil pressure = engine go bang
When was the last oil change?
Hi Thanks for reply. It only smelt hot yesterday after cut out but that could have been due to me revving it to get it to start. I was panicing! having the kids with me.
Hasnt smelt hot the two occasions it cut out on me today. Van had a full service and complete oil change in July. Probably done about 3000 miles max since. The oil light flashed up on me last year when the van cut out after i ran out of fuel. I presumed this is what it normally happens when the engine cuts out. No sign of oil light before cut out.

Old 17-01-12, 11:00 AM   #4
Inactive User

Ah ok, so the van cut out then the oil light flashed.

Could well be something simple like the green temp sender then, or maybe just the egr valve needing a clean
Old 17-01-12, 11:02 AM   #5
Inactive User

Could it be a faulty fuel relay??
Old 17-01-12, 11:09 AM   #6
Inactive User

Could be.
Have a look at the 'peugeot planet map' thread on here and find someone local who will do a diagnostic scan for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in