1.6 - 2.0 HDi engine swap - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-12, 06:48 PM   #1

Default 1.6 - 2.0 HDi engine swap

OK ive been looking for a 1.6 HDi engine for a friend of mine who has bought a non runner partner van. The 1.6 engine what was in the van has thrown a rod through the block which wrote off the whole engine. The turbo also has lots of play in the shaft and has worn the compressor wheel so that would also need a rebuild at least. I dont know any history of the engine/van so no idea if the pump, injectors etc are working or not.

We have been trying to source a complete 1.6 HDi engine to replace it as a straight swap but looking for the last couple of months on ebay and the usual places they are going for 8-900 and that is for a bare engine. No turbo, pump, injectors etc. So to get a 1.6 engine back in and running is going to work out a bit costly.

I have now started to think about putting in a 2.0 HDi 90 or 110 engine. I am just looking for a bit of advice from anyone who might have done this before. I have done many engines on Peugeots before but no diesels or multiplex cars.

I guess that what will be needed is a complete 2.0 HDI engine with turbo and all ancillaries, ecu, wiring loom, bsi, key for immobiliser, transponder ring for immobiliser, gearbox, driveshafts, in tank fuel lift pump, exhaust. Maybe a few other things like intercooler? radiator?.

I was thinking I do the 2.0 conversion I might be better off trying to buy a complete accident damaged 2.0 HDi car/van for a donor vehicle.

Is there is anything ive missed or possible problems I could run into that ive not thought about?
pugjim is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-12, 07:59 PM   #2

Plenty of partners came with 2 litres so in theory it should be possible but you need the box too so ideally a whole doner partner van is the best idea getting the bsi and ecu to work will most likely be your biggest problem as if yours is a 1.6 it will be newer type van but i see no reason why it cannot be done ive seen 3 litre v6 partners !!

If you can get a petrol v6 to work in a diesel van then what you propose should be simple
reliable406 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in