04 Berlingo Van same as P Partner. 1.9 DW. AC & PAS - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-11, 06:26 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 04 Berlingo Van same as P Partner. 1.9 DW. AC & PAS

Hi, Mate of mine has the above Van. She will start..eventully..maybe this is part of the problem, but when he drives it ( not sure how long tho ) she just cuts out ! No coughing or splutter..just stops. Apparently its been on a diagnostics machine, and all seems well, again not sure of the machine. The only clues we have is, it extremely low on oil, and the dash has a red flashing light saying stop...this is constantly on !!!! Think its done around 60000 miles.

Maybe fuel supply..fuel filter !!!!

Any info would be good, sorry for the lack of information.
ebbey is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-05-11, 06:56 PM   #2
davidireland

Does it start again when you pump the fuel bleeder beside the fuel filter bowl?
Sounds like a fuel problem alright.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-11, 08:58 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi David, thanks for the reply, just spoke to the guy, as he moved the vehicle up on to drive, the flashing light went out, so more than likely lack of oil. Hes also removed the fuel filter, and that is as black as you like at the bottom, so yes we are guessing fuel filter blockage, or as you said fuel starvation. Will post back the outcome in the next day or so.

Thanks again for your input.

Old 28-05-11, 10:25 AM   #4
Inactive User

Hi, update on the vehicle, replaced the fuel filter with a new one. Took it for a test drive, after a few miles the same thing happened, engine just stopped. Went back to the fuel pump, this was no longer soft, so pumped until hard, and engine started first time. Noticed on the left hand side of the engine, 2 fuel pipes...( flow & return ) over cam-belt cover, he noticed AIR bubbles in supply pipe !!! Must be sucking air somewhere....hence the engine starved of fuel...cant find no leaks...i take it, its a case of replacing pipes from fuel tank !!! or maybe a suggestion on how best to remedy this problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Ebbes.
Old 28-05-11, 10:42 AM   #5
Inactive User

I have seen loads of supply pipes with air bubbles in them and vehicles run fine. You could do with the fault codes for the diagnostic. Otherwise it will just be guess work..
chrissy_406c is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 28-05-11, 11:32 AM   #6
Inactive User

Thanks for that Chrissy...i can see what your saying..and i too have seen that as well, on an old XUD model. But lets say, yes there's fuel and air in the flow pipe...the actual pressure would still be the same combined ? which diesels depend on. The fuel bleeder mech, would still have resistance behind it....wouldn't it ? with pressure behind it !

When the engine stops mid-flow, the fuel bleeder has lost its resistance, and is soft...then when you "pump" the bleeder, to its maximum, and it builds its pressure again...way hay, away she goes again, first time. Do you see what I'm saying..... ????
Old 28-05-11, 07:23 PM   #7
davidireland

The one way valve in the fuel filter bowl has failed allowing diesel to return back to the tank. You may have a blocked tank breather system also.
Old 29-05-11, 09:13 AM   #8
Inactive User

Hi David, thanks for that info, i wasn't even aware there was such a valve. Just spoke to my friend, he said the bleed valve is not even giving any resistance now....basically "soft" all of the time now, although she still fires !

Just as a foot note, when he does depress the bleed valve, it seems to be working, as he can hear fuel been drawn up through the system....not sure if he can "actually" see the fuel though !

This Valve David, is it repairable ? Where on the bowl is it ? or do we have to replace it along with the bowl too ? and how does it work....spring...diaphram..ect.

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards Ebbes.
Old 29-05-11, 12:39 PM   #9
Inactive User

Yes see what your saying. Had this on a renault couple of years ago with the hand primer. Turned out to be a small split in the pipe when i took it off. Fitted a replacement and it was all fine after that. Could not see it until after the pipe was removed.
chrissy_406c is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 29-05-11, 05:06 PM   #10
davidireland

Change the whole bowl. Make sure rest of the fuel system is intact also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in