What to check on a new traveller - Page 3 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-18, 12:46 PM   #21

OK,

I managed to get the new Webasto fitted on Monday. The workshop tech took me to see the extra piping and wiring that was needed.
This new Webasto is now plumbed into the cooling/heating system with it's own pump to circulate the water and also turn on the ventilation fans inside the car.
The plip is very small, just 2 buttons, one to turn on and one to off. There is no "switch" type thingy by my right knee so I don't know if it's on or off.
I hope to try it out during the next few days but a bit warm to really benefit.

Grumpy
Advertisement

Old 27-04-18, 03:27 PM   #22

Have you had a chance to try the modified heater ? Admittedly its been a bit warm.......

Does it now have a timer, or does the small remote just switch it on and off on demand ?

My car doesn't have the Webasto but other users may be interested to know that it can be successfully modified.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-04-18, 03:36 PM   #23

I haven't had an opportunity as yet.
The plip just turns the webasto on and off. There is nothing in the car to say if it's on as far as I know but I'll have to check it out. Apparently it stays on for a maximum of 45 minutes or until I turn it off. I meant to ask if it still comes on automatically, as the old one should have but never did.

No doubt I'll find all these things out by next November.

Grumpy

Old 25-05-18, 07:49 PM   #24
Dal

Hi Grumpy, 1 day after your last post I took delivery of our new Traveller Allure. I have to say we love the vehicle and is perfect for our needs. I have read through this thread and I, like you, believe that the Allure should have the non programmable additional heating (webasto) as listed as standard in the cars equipment list. I also believe that this should be operational via a fob as described in the vehicles manual. Since the 28th of April I have been battling with the dealer and Peugeot directly to come to a resolve. The dealer and Peugeot customer care do not seem to know/understand what this system is that is fitted to their vehicle. They originally told me that this system is not fitted to UK vehicles, but I wasn't prepared to accept that. Yesterday our Allure went in for its first 1000 mile service so I questioned the service department at our dealership, who again were not sure what this system is about or even if it should be fitted. They had the car for 3 hours and I managed to convince them to have a look to see if such a system was at least fitted to the car. After much discussion with their technical department, master technician etc they told me that the system is fitted and is a fully automatic system that will operate when the temperatures are low enough. Still not happy I quoted what I had read in this thread. They said that if I could find out what dealership you had got your situation resolved with a new fob for turning on and off and re-programming done they could at least speak to your dealer and and maybe offer me the same resolve. Therefore could I please ask you which dealership you used to get your webasto heater working as described in the manual. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks, Dal
Dal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-05-18, 06:28 AM   #25

Hi Dal,

welcome to the still, rather exclusive Traveller club

You need to go here: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...85/index4.html sand make 18 more posts. I can't PM you until you done 20 posts..

Grumpy
Old 26-05-18, 08:23 AM   #26

Will be watching this post with interest looks like dealers have some convincing to what they have on their Traveller.

As the user guide says its ethier timed or activated by fob (with no mention its country specific) Unlike the heated windscreen which is
Old 26-05-18, 08:38 AM   #27
Dal

Grumpy, All posts completed, thanks

voltzs, I'm with you on this. Trouble is Peugeot keep changing their mind as I prove them wrong. First they said that it wasn't fitted to UK vehicles until I insisted they check the car and they found the heater. Now they are saying it is fully automated and there's no need for me to turn it on and off.
Dal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-05-18, 04:17 PM   #28

Hi Chaps,

As I said in an earlier post, I realised the Webasto that came with the vehicle wasn't working over the Winter. When I brought this to the attention of the service department they investigated and agreed the unit had never worked. Upon sourcing a replacement via warranty it became evident the replacement model was different. After further investigation it was a type that could possibly be linked to a plip.
I eventually had it all replaced and all was checked and working. I have not tried it yet because the weather has warmed quite significantly. I'll wait until the return of Winter to try it out.
I have taken a picture of the plip. as you can see it's actually quite small. It did actually cost 175 which included the time to program the heater to the plip and so on.
The Webasto wasn't listed as compatible with a plip but the service dude (Very clever dude) noticed the possible operations within the diagnostics to turn that function on. So we got a plip as a bit of a gamble that paid off

As for "fully automated", I had some 807s over the years and they had the heaters under. They did come on automatically, anything below 6deg C as I remember.
I expect that is the type fitted as standard to the Traveller and the other make equivalents. Why the replacement for mine came up as a different model type I have no idea.

Grumpy
Attached Thumbnails
20180526_165323.jpg  
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in