What to check on a new traveller - Page 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-03-18, 10:20 AM   #11

Hi Yobbo,

if you take a look at the Michelin CrossClimate+ literature you'll see they have been derived from Summer tyres rather than Winters, like all other 4 season tyres.. As I said I'm planning to leave mine on for the warmer months to see how they perform, both from handling and longevity.
By the time the Autumn comes I should have some info to tell you about my findings.

Grumpy
Advertisement

Old 21-03-18, 08:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit View Post

Heater:
I had mine investigated yesterday and the dealer says there's an issue with it and it has never worked. ( I didn't think so!!)
They are ordering the replacement that's listed and is also an upgraded version. This version includes a pump that's connected to the heating system of the car.
They looked at the details for it within the software that will require updating after fitting and the service manager is pretty sure the "plip" option will be possible to be enabled.
So I have ordered a plip and we'll see when it's all fitted weather he's right..

Grumpy
Interested in this development as it will definitely put Traveler at the very very top of new car list. And its at number 1 already

The Owners Manual for the 2018 model gives either Programmable or Plip Options. Now the Specs says Non-Programmable thus logically the Plip option should be available as standard. Also should be a button next the drivers right knee???

The Owners Manual lists both but doesn't appear to stipulate its only available in certain countries unlike the heated windscreen which has a * next to the item in the aforementioned manual.

There is also mention the one fitted to UK vehicles is automatic but again this isnt mentioned in any literature i have found

Last edited by voltzs; 21-03-18 at 08:32 PM.
voltzs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-03-18, 07:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltzs View Post
Interested in this development as it will definitely put Traveler at the very very top of new car list. And its at number 1 already

The Owners Manual for the 2018 model gives either Programmable or Plip Options. Now the Specs says Non-Programmable thus logically the Plip option should be available as standard. Also should be a button next the drivers right knee???

The Owners Manual lists both but doesn't appear to stipulate its only available in certain countries unlike the heated windscreen which has a * next to the item in the aforementioned manual.

There is also mention the one fitted to UK vehicles is automatic but again this isnt mentioned in any literature i have found
Update:
I'm waiting for the dealer to contact me when the parts are in. They did say there is n't any parts in the UK so will be a while. (what ever that means?)
Soon as I know more I'll let you know.

Grumpy

Old 23-03-18, 12:03 AM   #14

@yobbo - interesting that you uncovered the van tyres. I knew the tyres would be narrower (215 v 225) but I had assumed they would fit cross climates. I am finding the ride quite hard which I don't remember from my original test drive without grip control. Hopefully the dealer will be willing to help as winter tyres are really not suitable for year round use. Cross climates do exist in that size in a 100 load rating which is more than enough for the max load of the car. Worst case would be to switch back to 225 width tyres for the summer and keep the agilis 215s for winter (225 are to wide for snow chains).

I agree with you on your winter tyres point, I have run two sets of wheels on my cars for the last 15 years or so.

@Grumpy - Great that you are able to order a "plip" for you car. I would be interested in doing the same; are you able to obtain details of the part numbers your dealer is fitting?

I do have the sos and connect buttons, but haven't pressed them. I think these were added to the standard allure spec sometime over the summer.

I'm based in Guildford.

I don't do that many miles so I can't say anything helpful on MPG yet as I have yet to cover 100 miles. I'm heading over to France soon so should be able to get an initial idea from that trip.

I'm really pleased to have found some fellow travellers!
meeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-03-18, 12:03 PM   #15

Hi youall,

Voltzs, Welcome
I've spoken to the dealer just now and He'll get the part numbers for the Webasto and stuff for me after the weekend as he's busy at the moment.

Meeper, the sos buttons had actually been in the brochure when I ordered my Allure so I was supprised when it turned up without them. It didn't make a lot of difference in the end because the phone tethering works absolutely floorlessly. It really doesn't use a lot of data.

Just out of interest, my allure came fitted with Michelin 3 225/55/17 W (101). I didn't see a lot of use for the GC for me so didn't bother with it. Glad I invested in the Michelin CrossClimate+ though.

If you take a look here:
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...&commit=Search
you'll see there aren't many Traveller Allure owners in the country.

Not that many Spacetourers either!!
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...on+spacetourer

Makes me feel a little exclusive as we actually are!

One other thing,

as far as software/ map updates are concerned if you have a look here:
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...g-apps-269794/
under Map & System Software Links, it tells you how to do the updates yourself. I know it's the 3008 forum but the TomTom in our Travellers are intrinsically the same. It worked for me.

Grumpy
Old 25-03-18, 10:59 PM   #16

Thanks for the Satnav links. It takes a while but all updated now. It looks like the dealer didn't update the maps or the software as part of the PDI despite assuring me he had. <grumble>

Next challenge - fitting headlamp adapters for driving on the continent. The dealer assures me these are required as he says the xenon's don't have a flat beam pattern. Shining the dipped headlights onto a flat wall this evening the pattern looks very flat...

Have any of you fitted eurolites or other headlamp adapters to yours?
Old 27-03-18, 09:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper View Post
Next challenge - fitting headlamp adapters for driving on the continent. The dealer assures me these are required as he says the xenon's don't have a flat beam pattern. Shining the dipped headlights onto a flat wall this evening the pattern looks very flat...

Have any of you fitted eurolites or other headlamp adapters to yours?
Hi Meeper,

I haven't been outside the UK so haven't had to worry about it. I looked at my headlights last night and mine seem flat too!

I'd be inclined to contact Peugeot customer Services and ask them. It'll be a faff but better than having to mess with adapters if you don't need them.

I still haven't heard anything with ref. to the webasto as yet. Probably be after Easter now.

Grumpy
Old 28-03-18, 07:27 AM   #18

I contacted peugeot customer services before the car arrived, they told me to speak to the dealer.

The dealer stated emphatically that the car would not be legal on the continent without headlamp adapters.

Having now seen my pictures the dealer says the beam is flat and should be fine without adapters! Peugeot must know this stuff, but it does seem hard to get access to technical information from them.

I'm going to ask for a more concrete statement from the dealer, but won't be fitting headlamp adapters for now.
Old 20-04-18, 07:34 AM   #19

Just an update,
Traveller going in for service Monday and they're going to sort the Webasto at last. Bit ironic that we just had the warmest April day for 70 years.. Guess I'm not going to be able to play with my new plip for a while..

Anyway, I'll update with my experiences next week sometime.

Grumpy
Old 24-04-18, 05:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
Just an update,
Traveller going in for service Monday and they're going to sort the Webasto at last. Bit ironic that we just had the warmest April day for 70 years.. Guess I'm not going to be able to play with my new plip for a while..

Anyway, I'll update with my experiences next week sometime.

Grumpy
So many people are adamant the UK version has the fully automatic Webasto (and its just for engine heating) (FB Group) yet the Traveller manual has none of it

I know yours is a 2017 model and have the system fitted as yours existing one wasn't working. Question is do 2018 models have the Plip as standard or is it extra

As ever Grumpy many thanks for the update
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in