What to check on a new traveller - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-18, 06:02 PM   #1

Default What to check on a new traveller

Evening all,

After a long wait I'm joining the exclusive ranks of Traveller people tomorrow. This will be my first new car ever and I plan to keep it a long time.

With the benefit of the experience you have of your travellers (or spacetourer), is there anything you suggest I check on the car when I collect it?

My list so far is:
- mapping version
- tom tom live activated
- software version
- check all options are present

The car is an amber red Allure standard 180, all options.

Cheers,

M
730 likes this.
meeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-18, 06:04 PM   #2

Check the wheel nuts. When mine arrived, while not loose, they were not tight either. Tyre pressures were slightly low as well.

Check the emergency kit under the drivers seat to ensure that everything shown in the manual is present.

Check that the spare wheel hasn't been nicked in transit (not unheard of with vans)

Mine didn't have much adblue in it upon delivery and took about 14 litres.

If you have ordered the tow bar it will come with 13 pin electrics so you may need an adaptor if you normally use 7 pin.

Measure the height so you will know if it will go into car parks. Where I live there are several car parks at 1.9 m headroom. When I measured my car it was a smidge under 1.89m at its highest so will just about go in. The highest point seems to be the hinges on the rear tailgate. I measured the cars height by laying a thin wood batten across the roof at various places and measured to the ground from where the batten overhangs the side of the car.

I also checked all the fluids under the bonnet. The bonnet needs to be slammed quite hard to secure it.

Last edited by Yobbo; 15-03-18 at 08:31 PM.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-03-18, 08:29 AM   #3

Hi Meeper,
welcome to our very exclusive club!

As Yobbo says, I agree with it all.

One other thing, I'm currently in conversation with my local Peugeot about the auxiliary heater (Webasto) that's on the allures. Not sure if the Spacetourer has it?
During the very cold weather recently I wasn't convinced it was working so I went into the dealers and asked about it. The service dude looked it up and confirmed there was one (I knew that cos I had seen it) and also there should possibly have been a "plip" provided that should go with it so it can be turned on to warm the car before you get in on a cold morning.
I've got to take the Traveller in sometime over the next couple of days to have the whole issue investigated further.
Do you have anything like that Meeper or Yobbo??

Grumpy

Old 13-03-18, 09:18 AM   #4

Grumpy, my understanding which may not be 100% is that the Webasto supplied to the UK is fully automatic. That means that it doesn't come with a remote control. From what I have observed only the cold countries get the remote where you can set the timer. The UK Webasto should provide heat in the first few minutes after start up until the engine warms. It is described in the Citroen brochure as 'Additional non-programmable Wabasto heating' although I have not seen the Peugeot equivalent brochure so it may be different there. It only seems to be fitted in the best versions of the car like your own.
Old 13-03-18, 09:40 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply Yobbo,
in the Traveller there are 2 types according to the handbook. Pages 139 & 140. The first is programmable as you mention. The second has a plip that just turns it on and off.
Anyway, when I take it in to be investigated I'll get back to you.
They are going to look in the settings to see if it hasn't been turned on. And also to see if the plip should be with the car. LAst ditch will be buy a plip at 130 if the system can be turned on through the diagnostics..

Grumpy.
Old 13-03-18, 06:22 PM   #6

never even heard of the traveller but just googled it and looks good, if only we had the money.
pauls0701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-03-18, 08:28 PM   #7

Meeper, how are you getting on with the new car ?
Old 20-03-18, 08:37 AM   #8

Hi All

Thanks for all of the advice. Here is my progress to date.

Happily, pressures and levels were all ok.

Storage:
I have orderd a couple of the plastic boxes yobbo suggested in his other post, very useful info.

My emergency wheel changing kit is under the passenger seat. I had been planning to buy a spare emergency kit box to use under the driver's seat but there is no room. @Yobbo - if you don't have electric seats and you need some more storage you might be able to do this.

Software, mapping and connectivity:
My tom tom maps seem to be active now, (tom tom displayed in the bottom right corner of the map). Out of interest, do you cars need a mobile phone to access live traffic info or does the car obtain this by itself (in which case I assume it has a built in GSM data unit of its own)?

Do any of you use the "peugeot connect" apps with your car?

The dealer tells me the mapping and software were all updated before handover. Can any of you tell me if these versions match yours:
Maps: CI-TT-PSA.P3CNS.U-MAP.EUR.TTC-4.0.2
System: 21.05.90.42_NAC-r0

Heating:
@Grumpy - I've also been interested in a remote start for the webasto. Unfortuately this (and a heated windscreen) is only available in "cold" climates. That said, webasto do often offer upgrade kits for cars that are factory fitted with their heaters but don't have the remote. See links below:
https://www.webasto.com/gb/markets-p.../luxury-class/
https://www.webasto.com/fileadmin/we...liste_2012.pdf

The list of covered cars hasn't been updated since 2012, so it might be worth contacting them.

Looking at the peugeot service box parts diagrams for the aux heater, it looks like you would need some sort of part added to the car (maybe a receiver), in addition to the key fob. I would expect some sort of config of the car would be required so that the webasto could activate the car water pump and cabin fans, and possibly turn off the volumetric part of the alarm.

Tyres:
I'm trying to resolve an issue with the tyres the car came with. As I ordered grip control and the car came fitted with full winter tyres. (Michelin agilis alpin). The brochure said the tyres would be 3PMS (3 peak mountain snowflake) rated, but I was expecting something all season such as a michelin cross climate as a full on winter tyre isn't suitable for year round use. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer on a solution. Ideally he can fit something 3PMS rated, but all season.

Thanks for all of your help,

M.
grumpyoldgit likes this.
meeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-03-18, 09:21 AM   #9

Hi Meeper,

Updates:
PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_21-06-47-34_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE2.ta

PSA_map-eur_7.0 I believe there is a newer version of maps just recently released.

Heater:
I had mine investigated yesterday and the dealer says there's an issue with it and it has never worked. ( I didn't think so!!)
They are ordering the replacement that's listed and is also an upgraded version. This version includes a pump that's connected to the heating system of the car.
They looked at the details for it within the software that will require updating after fitting and the service manager is pretty sure the "plip" option will be possible to be enabled.
So I have ordered a plip and we'll see when it's all fitted weather he's right..

Data:
Mine has to be connected via my phone. I'm guessing yours is sim enabled if you already have TomTom Traffic showing in the bottom right hand corner and not tethered your phone..

Apps:
I only use the My Peugeot App.

Tyres:
Mine came with Michelin Primacy 3s and I've since changed onto Michelin CrossClimate+. Brilliant tyres I've been impressed with while we've had the snow over the last couple of weeks in the UK. Great all round tyre so I'll be keeping them on over the summer to see how they wear..

Question?:

What part of the world are you in?

How are you finding the MPG? The brochure says 47mpg extra urban but I'm lucky if i make 37mpg!

Do you have the SOS/Peugeot contact function buttons overhead near the map reading lights?

Grumpy

Last edited by grumpyoldgit; 20-03-18 at 09:35 AM.
grumpyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-03-18, 08:46 AM   #10

Before ordering I did some internet research on the grip control and noticed that the tyre supplied was the Agilis winter which I didnt think would be suitable as my actual experience tells me that winter tyres do grip less and wear more in the higher temperatures of Spring. Goodness knows how Traveller owners with the Agilis winter cope with it in a Mediterranean summer. I also had worries about the ride qualty as its a heavy duty van tyre. I didnt go for grip control for these reasons but might have done so if it had been delivered with an all season tyre like the Crossclimate as grumpy suggests. I havent made my mind up yet, but in late summer I will either go for an all season tyre, or alternatively buy a second set of wheels with winters, but that means a 1200 investment. My previous MPV had a separate set of winters between November and April and I never regretted buying them. The chap I sold them to emailed me last week to say he was stunned how good they were in the recent snow.

Because the tools are under the driving seat I have space under the passenger seat and I use that space to store my emergency fluorescent jacket that I might need should I come to grief somewhere.

I cant get mirror link to work on mine, but a bluetooth connection works to play music and potentially for the phone to work but I have never tried the phone.

I have not looked at the software.

Last edited by Yobbo; 21-03-18 at 03:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in