Webesto Heating - Page 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-18, 04:31 PM   #11

I'm sure that the remote option will work with the same model unit eg if its a Thermo Top Evo unit the interface is the same as they all work on the same basic analog interface only the later VEVO models are an issue as they are CAN controlled.

I fabricated my own remote for my old 807 as the OEM unit was a stupid price. The actual interface is just a basic remote on/off signal and the rest of the unit just supplies a "Low Speed" signal to the heater blower fan via the BSI/splice into cables to run the blower. I managed to make my own for about 35 based on the aftermarket kit fitting instructions and wiring diagram

As it getting cooler now I miss having one of these and am looking at getting a second hand Thermo Top Evo and retrofitting it to my DS5 (Webasto sell a complete kit but at over 1500 its a silly price). I can get all of the parts needed and a second hand heater for less than 250.

Last edited by windy1603; 08-11-18 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo
windy1603 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-18, 05:26 PM   #12

Did you get yours before or after Grumpy's Meeper. If after surely the model number shouldn't be an issue. I'm made up that this is possible and is now something i'll take to the dealer
Old 09-11-18, 08:41 PM   #13

Update on above have found that some OEM heaters use custom software to interface with cars climate control system.

However it appears from Webasto service data that they all support W-line interface which means all models will work with the aux timer and remote interface as these accessories all control the heater via the W-line.

Aliexpress also list cheap compatible interfaces including a GSM unit which will work with a Webasto

Old 12-11-18, 07:42 AM   #14

Hi Volts,

My car is more recent that Grumpy's. Looking at peugeot service box using my VIN and Grumpy's vin both cars show the same "additional heating" part numbers.

Grumpy has had his webasto replaced under warranty. He was told that the replacement is a different version of the webasto unit.

Not withstanding the above, I would love to be able to add a remote to mine too.

Cheers,

M.
Old 12-11-18, 07:44 AM   #15

Hi Windy,

I like the idea of a DIY remote - have you posted details of this somewhere we can take a look at please?

Did your 807 have an auxiliary heater or a parking heater originally? I mean, before you added the remote, could the heater be used when the engine and ignition were off?

Cheers,

M
Old 22-11-18, 12:11 PM   #16

Grumpy, with the wintry weather of late have you manage to test your Webesto defrost capabilities
Old 24-11-18, 03:26 PM   #17

Hi Voltzs,
I'm on the East coast and as yet haven't really had any frost as yet. However it has been cold enough to warm the car before I get in it. It works so well that only 15 minutes with it on and it's quite cozy when I get in.
The air is directed to the screen and from the dash at a fair speed so
I have no doubt the system will defrost the screen well when the need arise.

I'm happy with it.

Grumpy
Old 25-11-18, 03:31 PM   #18

Many Thanks
Old 04-12-18, 07:02 AM   #19

First frost today so I thought I'd see how the Webasto perform, defrosting the screen.
First picture at 0745 and the second 9 minutes after.

Very good
Attached Thumbnails
20181204_074420.jpg   20181204_075441.jpg  
Old 04-12-18, 08:07 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
First frost today so I thought I'd see how the Webasto perform, defrosting the screen.
First picture at 0745 and the second 9 minutes after.

Very good [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/images/smilies/extra/thumb.gif[/IMG]
Great to see. Thanks for the update and photos
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in