Webesto Heating - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-10-18, 12:55 PM   #1

Default Webesto Heating

I may have mentioned this before on other topics. But as my purchase of the Traveller is coming to fruition I want to nail this point in its own topic

In the brochure it's mentioned Allure models have additional non programmable heating. And in the user manual it states it etheir comes with a remote or you can program it. UK variants seems to be the former.

However it seems there is nothing further on this fob as if it mention it to dealers or other sources they say it can't be done by remote.

I think one member had their Traveller upgraded so the fob could be used.
Advertisement

Old 23-10-18, 07:05 PM   #2

Webesto used to offer a upgrade kit to convert nearly all their models to remote or timer operation
Old 25-10-18, 06:22 AM   #3

It was Grumpy. Have a look on the what to check on a Peugeot Traveller thread. He had his heater modified though
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 27-10-18, 12:05 PM   #4

Hi all,
update to the Webasto saga
After the very long hot Summer I've actually had an opportunity to try out my new upgraded Webasto for the first time since it was fitted last Spring. So with a lot of anticipation and excitement I pressed the button on my plip. It shows a green light if the heater has been turned on but alas all I got was a flashing red light.
So off to the dealer I go with a lot of disappointment. I left the car with them for an hour and they told me there should be a receiver aerial under the glove box in the dash. Sadly there's not one there.
So after a 2 week wait the aerial is now in and they are going to fit it next Friday. I'll update further after that, so watch this space

Grumpy
Old 29-10-18, 07:28 AM   #5

Will be watching with interest.
Old 29-10-18, 09:25 AM   #6

Also watching this with interest.

I've been looking at the heater parts on Peugeot Service box.

See the first attached image: highlighted parts 2 (Receiver) and 31 (Fob transmitter ) are only fitted where the heater can be remotely operated without the engine running. My car doesn't have parts 2 and 31. Part 01 is different depending on whether you can use the heater without the engine running.

traveller-water-reheater-parts.jpg

The bit I really want to figure out is the difference between the two versions of part 01 "water reheater". You can see from the image that there are two different versions. 98 090 347 80 is the one that can work without the engine running. 98 090 348 80 is the one that we have fitted to our cars. I can't figure out what the difference between them is though.

A bit more web surfing tells me that 98 090 348 80 is equivalent to webasto part number "9022158 E ". Crawling under my car I can also see this written on my heater unit. See second attached image.

my-heater-img_20180929_140907.jpg

98 090 347 80 is I think equivalent to webasto part 9022541A, but I haven't been able to check this as I only have my own car to look at! @Grumpy - what does your new webasto have written on it?

If Grumpy has a 9022158 E and his heater can be made to work remotely just by adding the fob and receiver then this would be really good news for others that want to retro fit this function. These parts are not cheap though - around 200 for the transmitter and 300 for the receiver, plus fitting.
Old 02-11-18, 05:19 PM   #7

Hi all,
Good news, I've just had the heater sorted, they've added in a receiver and messed with the config within the setup on his laptop and has got it working. The demo I saw was very good.
We here in the east are expecting another frost in the morning so I'm looking forward to testing it all out then. After, I'll report back and give you my findings. Hopefully no more ice scraping and cold leather for me

Grumpy
meeper likes this.
Old 03-11-18, 11:38 AM   #8

Morning,

right then, I've today tried out my new remote "central heating" in my Traveller. It was forecast to be 1deg C this morning but in the event it was 8c. So this mornings tryout was during weather that was a little mild but I did it anyway.
at 0730 today I opened the car up and tested the inside temperature with a mobile temperature gauge. Inside the car it read 9c with the door shut and me paring through the window.. I then pressed the button on my plip, the little light went green and I could hear the Webasto start to work. I left it for 10 minutes and looked at the gauge at it said 12c. So, it's working () and I'm chuffed to bits. I left it for a further 5 minutes and it read 14c. I opened the door while the heater was still running and I could hear the fans running and feel the warm air circulating round the car. I pressed "off" on the plip and it all stopped and went quiet. Outside temperature was still reading 8c.

Going forward, it'll take a bit of trial and error to work out how long I need to have it on for it to reach an optimal temperature in the cabin and also how long to defrost depending on ambient outside temperatures but I'm sure I'll get there.

I will now post some pics.

Grumpy
Old 03-11-18, 11:46 AM   #9

Photos
The fourth photo is of the receiver they had to fit for communicating with the plip.
Not very good pictures but short of putting the car on a ramp, this is the best I can do. I could just make out the part number as 9018615F
Attached Thumbnails
20181103_113107.jpg   20181103_113241.jpg   20181103_113153.jpg   20181103_113605.jpg  

Last edited by grumpyoldgit; 03-11-18 at 11:50 AM.
grumpyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-18, 04:15 PM   #10

Thanks for the pictures Grumpy - really glad to know it is working.

From your part number (9018615) it looks like you have the version of the webasto heater that allows it to be used as a parking heater. (See the entry for PSA cars in here: http://webastokatalog.dk/onewebmedia...%2011-2017.pdf)

I suspect adding the remote control and receiver to my car (or others fitted with the "9022158" version) might not work . The only way to confirm would be to ask webasto but I've not had a response from them yet.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in