Vinyl flooring - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-18, 08:37 PM   #1

Default Vinyl flooring

I saw an interesting post over on the spanish spacetourer site
regarding fitting vinyl flooring over the top of the traveller carpets:

https://spacetourerfaq.com/viewtopic...7f7af404de3a60

I have now done the same and I am really pleased with the results. Much better than carpet with a young family.

If anyone is interested in doing the same I have a template you can re-use.

The flooring I used is the same stuff favoured by vw camper van converters: 1m off the roll 2m wide Altro CONTRAX flooring
Advertisement

Old 12-07-18, 05:46 PM   #2

Meeper that is a very classy installation. Did you remove the seat rails like they did to make the vinyl fit ?

I went for carpet which was about half a days work to cut and fit but I needed it to go up the sides of the interior as well by about 18 inches. Not a week passes without there being a dirty bicycle, engine, hikers, footballers or rugby players in the rear so for me maximising the protection was essential on a lease car.

My contribution to enhancements, is that I am making myself some heavy duty tie downs that fit into the floor rails to safely secure heavy loads. Its a long and complicated job with much trial and error (I am no engineer) but I am nearly there now. I don't trust the standard tie downs which are no more than a bit of bent wire.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-18, 07:16 AM   #3

Yes - you need to take out the rails to make it fit. The rails are fixed with 4 torx screws per rail, each one with thread lock. It is a good idea to re-apply thread lock when refitting as these rails are all that holds the seats to the car so you really don't want them to work loose.

Really interested in how you have tackled the tie downs. If you are able to explain once they are done that would be great!

Old 27-03-19, 04:55 PM   #4

Hi meeper,

I saw your project of the vinyl flooring of the Traveller and I am very impressed. It looks great, so I wanna do the same

Would you be so kind to send me the template you offered? Would be very helpful I would say.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Stefan
Testmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in