Vauxhall? - Page 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-01-19, 12:07 PM   #11

As i say i have the OLDER vivaro the 1 you have has the nissan engine no doubt that is when they went downhill but the vans do last better than transits do and they dont rust like transits do problem is we are at different ends of the chain you are buying new or nearly new i would never buy anything new i have NEVER had a brand new vehicle and could never afford the expense of a new vehicle i buy 10 year old vehicles and run them till they are dead i dont need to worry about depreciation

I have had a few vivaros/trafics and as long as you steer clear of the nissan engine they are reliable overall the nissan engine is a ticking bomb.
Advertisement

Old 20-01-19, 12:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
As i say i have the OLDER vivaro the 1 you have has the nissan engine no doubt that is when they went downhill but the vans do last better than transits do and they dont rust like transits do problem is we are at different ends of the chain you are buying new or nearly new i would never buy anything new i have NEVER had a brand new vehicle and could never afford the expense of a new vehicle i buy 10 year old vehicles and run them till they are dead i dont need to worry about depreciation

I have had a few vivaros/trafics and as long as you steer clear of the nissan engine they are reliable overall the nissan engine is a ticking bomb.
Yes I understand exactly what you're saying and if it wasn't for the fact my business demands it I wouldn't buy such new ones either.
I didn't know the engine was a Nissan.. I do have to say, I change the oil every 12.5k and it runs quite nicely even with that miles on it. However maybe that ticking will get much louder sooner rather than later
Do the newer Torneo's rust then? I've had some good reports about them..

Grumpy
Old 20-01-19, 12:20 PM   #13

All transits rust its in their DNA wont really matter to you so much as it wont rust badly till they get to 5/6 years old by that time you would probably replace them it does depend how rough you are with them though they are built in turkey now and that is part of the problem guy next to me has a 3 year old transit custom and its already showing signs here and there !

Old 20-01-19, 12:23 PM   #14

Oh, OK thanks for that, I'll take that under advisement.

Grumpy
Old 20-02-19, 12:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannos View Post
I actually deliver the chassis rails into the plant for the Vivaro . The current Vivaro build will finish at the end of March this year. The new "van" will come into full production hopefully around the end of April. The Citroen, Peugeot and Vauxhall versions will all use the same platform, and will just have different badges. These will all be built at Luton.
Hi all, I have just ordered the Traveller Allure 180BHP 8 gear auto long version. The dealer is predicting April/May for delivery. Reading the post above, I wanted to ask if Travellers are now being built at Luton or at the French plant? From reading the news they have just employed a new manager at French plant and planning to increase capacity. With all the chaos of Brexit, I am steeling myself that the delivery date might be summer or autumn. By the way I have loved reading all your posts and I look forward to keeping in touch with you all 🙂
Wobblyjelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-19, 05:01 PM   #16

Default Had a Look at the Brochure

So The Vauxhall has 2 Trim Levels

Edition OTR from 27,200 and Elite 40,705

Things i have noted:

Webesto isn't mentioned directly but comes under Automatic Parking Heater
The Dark Tinted windows are only 70% the Peugeot has 90% (much difference????)

High-Beam Assist is Standard on the Elite

The Edition only comes with the front seats as standard. I do somehow prefer the front end & the Wheels of the Eilte over the Allure

Also it seems what Peugeot deem as Metallic Vauxhall call Two Tone

Otherwise appears similar spec wise
Wobblyjelly likes this.

Last edited by voltzs; 03-03-19 at 05:26 PM.
voltzs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-19, 09:21 AM   #17

Already I can see a few things that would be a deal breaker for me with the Vauxhall version.

Firstly as Voltzs has aluded, they have done something strange with the seating. Essentially neither the 'Edition' or the leather clad 'Elite' version seem to come with the excellent full rail system with individual seats. They have gone for fixed bench seats instead with various layouts possible all of which are optional. The front seats are the only ones that come as standard. There may be some rails fitted if you go for optional two swivellingchairs in row two

There is no 7 inch screen on the cheaper 'Edition' version and other tech seems limited on this version.

No 225 wheel & tyre combo on any model. 215's are the max and many cars wil come on 16 inch steel wheels.

Astonishingly, unless the brochure is wrong there is not even basic manual air conditioning on the cheaper version as it talks of the 'facility' for aircon and shows it as a 900 option.

Overall I get the impression tha that there has been a great deal of cheeseparing going on to get the basic car down to a price which might be something to do with p11d thresholds. If anything the spec of the Vauxhall looks to be very similar to that of eastern European market Peugeot Travellers and Citroen Spacetourers
voltzs and Wobblyjelly like this.

Last edited by Yobbo; 04-03-19 at 10:12 AM.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in