Vauxhall? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-19, 07:57 AM   #1

Default Vauxhall?

So, it appears we're going to get a British built (Luton) Traveller to be called a Vivaro Life...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...t-mpv-revealed

I'll be very interested to see the retail prices compared to the Peugeot seeing as the design is identical but with the VX badge.

Grumpy.
voltzs likes this.
Advertisement

Old 14-01-19, 06:13 PM   #2

Now that is quite exciting, as there will likely be price differentiation compared to the Peugeot, Citroen and Toyota versions because a Luton built Vauxhall option will be targeted at and will resonate better with Fleet buyers in the UK. We could see lower priced more basic versions become available which suits me because I don't want a car with Alloys, Leather and an auto box as my 8 seater tends to get treated more like a muddy van sometimes given my hobbies.

Looking at the external images, they appear to have produced them rather quickly by taking the Left hand drive Opel version and flipping the picture to make them right hand drive and have then added the Vauxhall badges. How do I know? Well the fuel flap is on the wrong side

An interesting development though. Thx Grumpy

Last edited by Yobbo; 14-01-19 at 06:31 PM.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-01-19, 06:34 PM   #3

Looks like thats the end of the line for renaults partnership with vauxhall i reconed that would be the next step renault would not want to share with PSA

Old 14-01-19, 06:55 PM   #4

If it is using the existing Vivaro platform it won't be the same as the traveller as Vivaro is as Reliable says a joint developed van between Renault and Opel/Vauxhall and uses mainly Renault power trains or did when i was working at the Luton factory during the summer refit a few years ago for the current model. Unless under PSA they are running both platforms now (not been in the Luton site for a year or so)

The split with Renault started with this version of the vivaro, Luton now mainly building for the Opel/Vauxhall market and not the Renault/Nissan Vans like the previous model all that work is now done at the Renault Plant only
Old 14-01-19, 08:11 PM   #5

From the pics it looks like peugeot will be redooing the factory to build peugeot vans rather than the renault based versions we currently have so basically the end of an era renault will be competing for vauxhalls sales with renault badged vans from now on.

Shame really as the trafic/vivaro/primastar is a good van peugeot cannot make vans as well as renault can wonder where that leaves the recent fiat version ! possibly renault took them on board in anticipation of this happening but fiat already had a version of the previous peugeot expert all very confusing

Last edited by reliable406; 14-01-19 at 08:28 PM.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-01-19, 11:44 AM   #6

I actually deliver the chassis rails into the plant for the Vivaro . The current Vivaro build will finish at the end of March this year. The new "van" will come into full production hopefully around the end of April. The Citroen, Peugeot and Vauxhall versions will all use the same platform, and will just have different badges. These will all be built at Luton.
deannos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-01-19, 08:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannos View Post
I actually deliver the chassis rails into the plant for the Vivaro . The current Vivaro build will finish at the end of March this year. The new "van" will come into full production hopefully around the end of April. The Citroen, Peugeot and Vauxhall versions will all use the same platform, and will just have different badges. These will all be built at Luton.
From what I've seen from the pictures they will be the same platform as my Traveller because they look the same other than the badging and some other cosmetics. So the current style of Vivaro will be no more.
The problem I have is the new Vivaro that will be based on the Traveller won't be as big as the current V/X Vivaro, not even the LWB.

Grumpy
Old 20-01-19, 10:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
From what I've seen from the pictures they will be the same platform as my Traveller because they look the same other than the badging and some other cosmetics. So the current style of Vivaro will be no more.
The problem I have is the new Vivaro that will be based on the Traveller won't be as big as the current V/X Vivaro, not even the LWB.

Grumpy
They will use the PSA platform, which i think is being used in some of their cars as well. It is a lot smaller, though the post office ones look quite big. There are a few dotted around the plant at the minute, but none with a Vauxhall badge that i have seen.

Dean
deannos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-01-19, 11:40 AM   #9

I seen a load of post office vans being delivered to a local company here that does the signwriting i did not notice what they were but they were not vivaros may have been peugeots not sure will have a better look tomorrow when i pass but as has been said even the biggest expert van was smaller than a vivaro.

I have an old vivaro and its actually a pretty good van overall i doubt peugeot can match that reliability.
Old 20-01-19, 11:56 AM   #10

Hi reliable,
I can only speak as I find. I currently have a 66 plate Renault Traffic and to be honest, it's been absolute pig of a vehicle. Not ever will I have a Renault again, the customer service at branch level and UK head office is appalling to say the least.
3k miles N/S sliding door became misaligned. Took 3 months and 4 attempts to fix it.
22K miles N/S door again same issue, fixed.
33k miles water leak. Had to replace the bottom hoses because they had been fitted incorrectly at the factory. Off the road for 8 days because hoses not available in UK.
I've had 2 injectors because the van was running like a bag of spanners thinking they were faulty but turned out to be a connection problem with the wiring. They changed the engine bay loom. This took another 7 days because they ordered the incorrect loom. And guess what? the one they wanted not available in the UK!
It's now on 110k and out of warranty and the sliding door has gone tits up again. I'd have got rid ages ago but I would have taken a huge hit with depreciation. So I won't be sad to see that go this year sometime.
So the upshot is that I have less trouble with all my Pugs put together than that one nightmare Renault.
I'll probably look at a ford Torneo tbh.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in