Tyres - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-18, 10:32 PM   #1

Default Tyres

Evening all,
I'm thinking of replacing the van tyres peugeot decided to fit to my car.

Out of interest, what are the tyre pressures on your cars where you have 225/55 R17 tyres fitted?

I have 215/60 R17 tyres which are supposed to run between 2.8 and 3.5 bar depending on the load.

Cross climates exist in 216/60 R17 in a 100 load rating so I'm considering these but was wondering if they should run at the same pressures as the originals hence my interest in your pressures.

Cheers,

M.
meeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-04-18, 11:05 AM   #2

Hi Meeper,

I'm currently running 2.6bar all round. Seems to be the best compromise for me.

Do you have Grip Control? Sorry, if you already said you do, I can't remember.
Seems to be odd you have 215/60/17 on your Traveller if not.

Grumpy
Old 26-04-18, 03:50 PM   #3

Thanks Grumpy.

Yes I have grip control, which for some reason comes with agilis alpin winter van tyres.

Switching tyres will allow me to use winter rated all season tyres (which the handbook says I should be using). I'm also hoping different tyres will make the ride a little less harsh - any view on this?

Dealer is struggling to explain how winter tyres are suitable for year round use.

What pressures does the plate on the drivers door jamb ask for on yours Grumpy? Interested whether the "recommended" pressures are the same for the 215/60 R17 compared to the 225/55 R17.

Best case I can use cross climates in 215/60 R17, worst case I'll need to switch to 225/55 R17. Wider tyres would mean changing the spare wheel holder and more difficulty fitting snow chains.

Old 27-04-18, 07:50 AM   #4

Hi Meeps,

I find the fronts set at 3 bar wear out in the middle of the tyre so I have them at 2.6bar Also a much less harsh ride.
Attached Thumbnails
20180427_084320.jpg  
Old 27-04-18, 09:23 AM   #5

Thanks; I find this intriguing.

Now I know what pressures to use if I switch to the other tyre size.

I can't seem to get the photo resize to work so I've copied them out. Mine says:
- light load 2.8bar front and rear
- heavy load 3.2bar front 3.5bar rear
- spare 4.0bar

I wonder why your rear tyres are always lower pressures than the front whereas mine are either the same or greater at the back?

I suppose there will be a Michelin tyre pressure to load rating chart somewhere but I don't see how that could explain the greater rear pressures.

My load plate says max load for both front and rear axles is 1500kg. Is yours the same?
Gross vehicle weight is 2770kg.

Cheers
M
Old 27-04-18, 12:32 PM   #6

Mine has the 225/55 R17 and I am running the pressures per the plate on the door which says 3.0 front 2.5 rear. Mine is the same as Grumpy's plate

If you do move to these size tyres make sure that they are 101 load rated and not less.

I am actually quite impressed with the comfort of the ride with this set up on the Michelin Primacy 3. I have not yet noticed any wear on the centre of the front tyres but now Grumpy has mentioned it I will be watching them like a hawk.

Last edited by Yobbo; 27-04-18 at 12:40 PM.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-04-18, 01:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobbo View Post
Mine has the 225/55 R17 and I am running the pressures per the plate on the door which says 3.0 front 2.5 rear. Mine is the same as Grumpy's plate

If you do move to these size tyres make sure that they are 101 load rated and not less.

I am actually quite impressed with the comfort of the ride with this set up on the Michelin Primacy 3. I have not yet noticed any wear on the centre of the front tyres but now Grumpy has mentioned it I will be watching them like a hawk.
Hi Yobbs,
i would expect your tyres to last a bit longer than mine as yours won't have 180hp going through them. I was a tad dissapointed to only get 13,652 miles out of my from Primacy 3s. I've had Michelin CrossClimate+ on the from with the pressures at 2.6 bar and still have 4mm tread left and I've done circa12.5 k miles on them. So either the tyres are crap or the 3bar pressures did actually have a dad detrimental affect on their life.

I like the ride in my Traveller with less pressure. I'm really happy with it.

Grumpy
Old 11-07-18, 07:56 AM   #8

Morning all,

I am about to fit my traveller with new tyres in the 225/55 R17 size. Hoping that the lower pressures will improve the ride.

The dealer is going to order a tyre pressure label for me to stick on the door jamb. The problem is that to order it he needs the VIN of a car which was delivered with these tyres (my car was delivered with 215/60 R17).

Would one of you be willing to PM me a suitable VIN please?

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 11-07-18, 09:22 AM   #9

[QUOTE=meeper;2182820]Morning all,

I am about to fit my traveller with new tyres in the 225/55 R17 size. Hoping that the lower pressures will improve the ride.

The dealer is going to order a tyre pressure label for me to stick on the door jamb. The problem is that to order it he needs the VIN of a car which was delivered with these tyres (my car was delivered with 215/60 R17).

Would one of you be willing to PM me a suitable VIN please?

Cheers,

Hi Meeps,

I will PM you in a mo.

I have just stuck a pair of Avon Z7 (225/55/17 101Y ) on the front. Cheaper than most but I thought worth a try as the original Michelin 3s didn't last very long. I'll be putting the CrossClimate+ back on for the Winter in November.

Grumpy
Old 11-07-18, 04:35 PM   #10

You don't always need a Vin. Many dealers will do it by reg. number. What folks often do is find an identical car online in the used section at a main dealers and use the reg. plate from that to order parts.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in