Peugeot Forums banner

Recall to check engine components

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  reliable406 
#1 · (Edited)
I was reading the European forums and owners there have just started to receive recall notifications for a potential engine problem on what seems to be the 1.6 diesels. I had a look on the DVSA website and they do list recalls for the Traveller and also Citroen and Toyota that looks potentially quite significant. In the worst case they say it may need an engine change. :( It appears to apply to vehicles made Oct-Nov last year. It also includes vans. Chassis numbers are quoted for Citroen and Peugeot but not Toyota.

Link to the Peugeot recall;

Recall Details for PEUGEOT - Traveller and Expert 4 DV6F Engine

Link to Citroen

Recall Details for CITROEN - Spacetourer, Dispatch IV – DV6FC Engine

Link to Toyota

https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/re...F50802581FE003608D4&freeText=Blank&tx=0.31831

Thankfully my car was built just after these chassis numbers.

A wider search on the DVSA website also shows that a similar looking recall also applies many other cars in the PSA range that have the same engine model number manufactured over a similar period. However, it is a differently numbered campaign, so may not be the same potential issue.

See less See more
#2 ·
Its most likely the same issue as although the engines have different codes etc they are all basically the same so if the factory made a mistake or parts were wrong they will all be affected so if it affects the cars it will also affect the vans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.