Observations of a Traveller - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Trippyhippy
  • 1 Post By Yobbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-19, 08:27 PM   #1
TC2

Default Observations of a Traveller

Hi all, first proper post about my Traveller Business VIP 2.0 Standard.

I have had the car for almost 8 weeks now and clocked up 3000 miles of mainly Motorway and A roads, and find the vehicle to be very comfortable and very quiet and refined when cruising. I love the versatility of this vehicle, it is the six seater so, although the seats are heavy, one person can remove them. I have used it as Saturday night Pub transport, all seats out for a tip run, and two rearmost seats out to get Mountain Bikes in, wonderful.
The steering I have gotten used to but it took a while as my previous car was a Ford Focus ST 2.0 Turbo Petrol with quick steering. (The only things I miss are the performance and the Recaro seats)
I have a couple of issues, which could be normal for this vehicle, that hopefully others can guide me on.
The engine is very smooth and vibration free normally but, in reverse there is a lot of vibration when taking up the drive, normal ?
Also the rear suspension seems to rattle over certain bumps, it is worse with the weight of all the seats out, thought the spare wheel carrier was loose but seems ok, normal ?
Any comments would be much appreciated and if these are faults I will be straight on to the dealer.
Thanks in advance TC2
TC2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-19, 06:16 PM   #2

Hi I also have had mine about 8 weeks although the Allure 2.0 standard only done about 1k so far,

Not had any issues with vibrations when putting it in to reverse although mine is the Automatic gearbox.

The rear suspension does not like certain bumps and will be worse with less weight in as it is van based and with most vans I have driven the suspension seems to be better with a load.
TC2 likes this.
Trippyhippy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-19, 06:15 AM   #3

Agree about the rear suspension. It is not quite as refined over some surfaces as one would hope and clearly displays the cars heritage as a van. A rattle though suggests a problem. There has been a few problems with noisy rear suspension on cars & vans that have clocked up medium miles from what I have read on the European forums, and a small number of owners have had to have new dampers.

I recently got to ride in the back of a traveller courtesy bus that had done 50k miles and the rear suspension on that was unacceptably noisy and clearly had a problem. I mentioned it to the driver who had not noticed.

I can't help you with the reversing thing as mine is a manual box.
TC2 likes this.

Last edited by Yobbo; 10-07-19 at 06:18 AM.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-19, 01:31 PM   #4
TC2

Thanks Yobbo I will get the rear suspension checked out as i'm sure it shouldnt rattle.
My Traveller is a manual gearbox and when reversing especially up an incline, a lot of vibration comes through into the cabin. Forward it is perfectly smooth.
Do you get any vibration in reverse ?...
Old 10-07-19, 07:21 PM   #5

I don't get vibration in reverse at all. I occasionally get a tiny amount of clutch judder in first gearr, but it really is barely perceptable and it doesn't do it in reverse, sorry.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-19, 07:24 PM   #6
TC2

Thanks Yobbo
I will get both issues checked out at my local Peugeot dealer
Cheers for your input, much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in