Brake Pad wear sensors - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-18, 12:37 PM   #1

Default Brake Pad wear sensors

Just a warning,
don't rely on your brake pad wear sensors to warn you that your front brake pads are getting low. THERE ISN'T ANY SENSORS!!
At 43k miles my front brakes got a bit squeaky so while the Traveller was in for a warrenty job (oil pump) they checked them out and the pads needed replacing. So I said "but i've had no light lit up on the dash!" Service dude says "cos there aint any" So I said " you got top be f^cking joking?" he said "no, not on this vehicle"
So I have a Traveller with a retail price ticket of 42,000 and they didn't even bother with brake pad wear sensors. Unbelievable!
If Peugeot want to compete with the likes of VW, Mercedes and Ford in the large MPV sector, then they need to get their act together. What with the lack of LED exterior lighting and heavy front tyre wear that they say is "normal" people will not buy them. And now a simple thing like this...

And by the way, 96 from the stealers just for the pads and fitting on top..

Grumpy
Advertisement

Old 25-11-18, 07:59 AM   #2

Interesting, I was expecting there to be a warning as well. The manual on page 277 alludes to the fact that there isn't a warning as it says;

"a drop in the brake fluid level indicates that the brakes are worn"

There is a warning light for low fluid so perhaps they are relying on that lighting up, which it clearly didn't in your case.

I don't know why they don't fit mechanical squealers to the pads to indicate wear. They are a simple addition that many manufacturers fit (usually to the rear) that can only cost a few pence per pad to build into the design

Grumpy, you are certainly putting in the miles. I would be happy with 43k miles out of my first set of pads on such a big vehicle.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-11-18, 08:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobbo View Post
Grumpy, you are certainly putting in the miles. I would be happy with 43k miles out of my first set of pads on such a big vehicle.
Hi Yobbo,

yes it's still a pleasure to drive even with the p!ssy off things I mention above.
The 508 2.2l GT I used to have used to clock around 65k miles between changes. Admittedly, the pads and discs on that are rather large.
The pads on my Traveller are quite large too, so maybe that's why they last quite well.

Grumpy
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in