7 Month Traveller Order Delay - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > MPVs > Traveller
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-17, 04:25 PM   #1

Default 7 Month Traveller Order Delay

Hello Everyone

Iím new to the forum and I am looking for a bit of help or advice. I ordered a new Peugeot Traveller Allure Automatic on the 25th Of May and when I placed my order and paid quite a significant deposit I was told it would take 12-16 weeks for delivery. I was then contacted by the dealer to say that the factory closes for the whole month of August so it would be September before production. September came and went and no car. I was then told it would be October, October has passed and still no car. He then emailed me yesterday to say that due to ďUnprecedented DemandĒ production has now been put back until December which means it will be next year before Iím going to get it. Personally I am now completely fed up and Iím ready to throw the towel in and tell them to stuff their Traveller and give me my money back. Has anyone else heard of or experienced this problem and if so have you any advice on what I could do to speed up the process. I have been in contact with Peugeot customer care and to be honest they have been as much as useless. Iíve got to the end of my tether now. No one should have to wait Eight months to get their new car. I think the service Peugeot have given me is terrible and itís not a great advert for the brand.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-17, 06:26 AM   #2

Hi Garfield,

welcome to the forum.

There are many on here, especially 3008 owners who have had to wait a very long time for their cars. 8 months is crazy. They will feel your pain!!

I note on the configurator they estimate 29 weeks

I ordered the Traveller Allure Auto Standard 180 back in the start of February and got it delivered at the end of July, almost 6 months.
There are some of these available on the second hand market with very little miles. X demo's most of them. There's one near me, fully loaded with little miles for £34k. An £8k saving on new!
I think they can't sell them at that spec because of the VED at £500 a year and people are probably going to go for a proven car like the VW Transporter/Caravel or Merc Vito. These are in the same price bracket.

As for the Traveller, I am just thrilled with it. It's really quiet, easy to drive. I love it!!
Only 2 problems, I've found. The MPG is nowhere near what Pug quote (47mpg). I'm averaging 38mpg over the 11k miles I've done.
Front tyre wear is quite high. I'm estimating 14-15k miles at the rate of wear I'm getting now.

Ultimately, it will be worth the wait. And it will be nice for me to have a fellow Traveller owner on here

Regards,

Grumpy.
grumpyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-17, 11:53 AM   #3

Default Peugeot traveller delay s

Hi men , another new member here ,thought I would Join the forum to give you my experience so far as a wannabe traveller owner !
I did my research back in August this year.found a great deal online with a broker for a lease. Visited my local main dealer for a test drive and to see what kind of deals they could offer . Drove the basic business traveller model because that's all they had for a demo rather than the allure spec manual which was what I was after. Liked how it drove a lot though. The dealer could nt match the offer I had found even though it was coming via peugeot finance anyway . But as a cash price after not much haggling they offered me the allure spec traveller 8 seats manual 150 hp for just under 29k! Being around 10k off list price I thought this was a great deal although they did say delivery would be March 18. After being offered that price I hunted around online and managed to get a lower price from drive the deal of 27.4k on the road !
Now this appears to be strange with the prices for used models quoted by Mr grumpy in the previous post which I too have come across on the autotrader website. But why would you want to spend 34 or 35 k on a used model when you can get brand new for well under 30k !.some serious depreciation type sums going on there !.
In the end u decide to go with my original lease deal I found so I ordered at the end of august with a 12 weeks delivery window. They contacted me this week stating the vehicle would be in country at the end of November with a delivery to me in early December as originally quoted .so still on target so far .! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh! !
Crowesnest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-11-17, 06:36 PM   #4

I am in the same boat with a Citroen Spacetourer which is essentially the same vehicle. Ordered at the end of May, delivery has been put back twice due to alleged production problems at the factory. The latest from the supplier is that I 'might' get it in January. Then I read this week elsewhere, that others on the waiting list have had another 8 weeks added to their delivery dates in the last few days.......... I am awaiting with trepedation another call from my supplier any time soon.....sigh

Oh, and the spec has changed slightly since my original order. On the Citroen the opening hatchback glass is now an option as is the parcel shelf

Last edited by Yobbo; 14-11-17 at 07:04 PM.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-11-17, 10:16 AM   #5

Hi Crowsnest & Yobbo,

welcome to the forum

I thought I was going to be "Billy no mates" (as the despicable Mod Beau called me) on here. I'll look forward to further discussion with you guys when you both take delivery. Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait!

Grumpy.
Old 15-11-17, 11:00 AM   #6

Aye, I will be hanging around a bit as there is no established forum for the Citroen spacetourer. Ben Hopkins on you tube has quite a following for the Traveller and also has his own ownership blog.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-11-17, 11:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobbo View Post
Aye, I will be hanging around a bit as there is no established forum for the Citroen spacetourer. Ben Hopkins on you tube has quite a following for the Traveller and also has his own ownership blog.
Yes I see that. He's quite informative albeit a little irritating.

Grumpy.
Old 16-11-17, 12:51 PM   #8
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
Yes I see that. He's quite informative albeit a little irritating.

Grumpy.
Sounds like some one I know...
border_all likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3008 SUV GT Line 1.2 Auto Nimbus Grey
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-17, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Sounds like some one I know...
Well Paul,

That's no way to talk about Beards is it?!
Old 22-12-17, 08:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
Hello Everyone

Iím new to the forum and I am looking for a bit of help or advice. I ordered a new Peugeot Traveller Allure Automatic on the 25th Of May and when I placed my order and paid quite a significant deposit I was told it would take 12-16 weeks for delivery. I was then contacted by the dealer to say that the factory closes for the whole month of August so it would be September before production. September came and went and no car. I was then told it would be October, October has passed and still no car. He then emailed me yesterday to say that due to ďUnprecedented DemandĒ production has now been put back until December which means it will be next year before Iím going to get it. Personally I am now completely fed up and Iím ready to throw the towel in and tell them to stuff their Traveller and give me my money back. Has anyone else heard of or experienced this problem and if so have you any advice on what I could do to speed up the process. I have been in contact with Peugeot customer care and to be honest they have been as much as useless. Iíve got to the end of my tether now. No one should have to wait Eight months to get their new car. I think the service Peugeot have given me is terrible and itís not a great advert for the brand.
Hi garfield,

any news on your new Traveler?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in