Peugeot Forums banner

Stumpy II

3K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  chopper1192 
G
#1 ·
Far too far much to mention has gone on - Sport XS steering wheel and alloys, full MIJ stainless exhaust (+6BHP), Pipercross, Sub, to name but a small portion of the latests mods. Full Koni and Spax suspension is next (no cheap Pi spring sheet here), followed by Corbeau seats, Mintex and Brembo brakes and nitrous. Yep, you read that right!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nitrous...that'll be interesting for the boy-racers in your area then :nod::nod:
how about some pics of these mods then, and while you at it which shows are you/it going to be at this year?? would love to see this pocket-rocket in the flesh

G
#3 ·
As requested Neil. Exhibit 1, a Sport XS steering wheel...

MIJ full stainless with 3" tailpipe...

It went on easy, but no matter how I adjusted it an lined it all up it touched the bumper, so some careful cutting, rubbing and painting came to the rescue. It looks awesome, and on idle and normal driving is genuinely as quiet as the stock pipe, but give it a boot and it howls discretely. Damn fine and worth every penny.

Some discrete DAB action...

G
#4 ·
Some extra carpet...

The whole car has also been treated to a layer of 7mm sound insulation.

Carbon front bumper insert...

Water temp and voltmeter. Oil temp and vacuum/economy still to come...

G
#6 ·
And I've started our baby daughter young in the way of the Citybug...

Gonna be appearing at La Vie En Blue, Simply French, the CPUK national Rally at Woburn Abbey, and a host of smaller and local shows throughout the summer. Wanna win a few more of these...

#8 ·
looking good there Rich :cool:you appear to have lost the chrome front bumper, did you not like it ??
And a CB unless im mistaken... Good Buddy. or is it amateur radio:eek:

G
#9 ·
That one's a CB, now relocated and hidden in the glovebox. Also run a 2M amateur set in the car, but that's too big to mount so just plugs in.

I thought the chrome in the bumper was a bit too tacky. The SP grille makes the car look like a shave, so I may get one and have it powder coated in black.

#10 ·
oh not the 'sp' grill thing again :lol: put some chrome strips on man :rolleyes::rolleyes:

G
#13 ·
It's concealed in the glovebox, as you can see - not an issue, as I mainly listen to Planet Rock so no need to twiddle the stations.

It's has an output that connects to the aerial input of the head unit, and you tune the head unit to receive the DAB. It comes with a splitter so you can use the normal aerial for FM, but I didn't bother. It's DAB or nowt ;) The sound quality is excellent.

And yes, nitrous! It's a common enough mod on these and the powertrain easily copes with another 40BHP via a progressive controller. 205 GTi crushing cornering, braking and point-to-point squirting when you want it, 62 MPG polite road manners when you don't :D There's a real underground cult of tuning and modifying the Citybug.

G
#16 ·
£16 for the zorst and a£15 admin charge, and they insist on manufacturer approved lockers for the wheels, and so far that's it. I think the nitrous'd may bung a hundred or so onthat when it comes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.