Peugeot Forums banner

Pug 307 project

17K views 85 replies 15 participants last post by  willhenshaw 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello!

This is my new work in progress project.

2003 Peugeot 307 1.4 HDI,estate version,74k genuine miles,full service history,7 months MOT and 7 months TAX,drives 100% and is very tidy for year.Its a LX model so has a few goodies to play aswell as a few unexpected bonus ones and also remote control JVC Cd player that looks like a half decent one.

Ive had the car a couple of weeks now and so far im loving it!

Heres a couple of pics of the day i first got it.

The car had a dodgy horn so fixed it with help from reading somewhere on this forum.It is the common rusty connector under the airbag.Now got a fully working horn.Circled in red below is the offending connector.Fixed by poping airbag out.cleaning up the connector with sandpaper and coating it in silicone grease to prevent it corroding ever again.

a couple of days later i took a trip to B&Q and bought some goodies to treat the car,everything is on 3 for 2 so saved a few quid too.I did buy some new heavy duty rubber mats too as the crappy ones that were in the car were deadly and sliding about.Oh and i just had to buy some new magic tree air fresheners lol.Only thing i did not buy was a claybar kit as i ran out of cash.typical lol.

See less See more
#2 ·
a few days later when the weather was better i took out the cleaning goodies and gave the car a good clean,t-cut and polish.Ive managed to get out 95% of scratches and marks on the paintwork and also all the little tar spots on bottoms of doors and wings and generally just gave it a good buff up and its come up a treat,not bad to say i did it all by hand.I really must invest in a proper buffer one day to save aching hands lol.

sorry for poor pic quality as my camera phone is pants.

#4 ·
i then decided to debadge the boot,i left the peugeot badge on tho as apparently there will either be 2 holes or a small indent under the badge depending on the year of manufacture.looks abit better imo.

also had a fight with the spare wheel under the car lol.i won......i mean who's idea was it to put your tool kit and spare wheel under the car for them to rust to hell,instead of in the boot? good job im young and fit because i had a right fight with it to get it out.not that i needed it,i was merely inquisitive as to how it actually came out lol.well its in the boot now with the tools too.should the need arrive for using it now,atleast i wont look a total berk crawling halfway under the car,fighting with steel wire and generally cursing the stupid design in the dark and cold haha.

before debadge

and after debadge

#5 ·
Then i ordered some new headlight bulbs.I got a pair of 4 LED sidelight bulbs,a set of Philips Bluevision dipped beam bulbs and a set of Philips Bluevision main beam bulbs.Cant really see all that much on photos due to low pic quality but in real life there a great upgrade on stock bulbs.I get a bluish light in the reflector and a very white light on the road ahead.

Sidelight LED's

Close up of dipped beam showing hint of blue

Today i fitted all the new bulbs,took all of 5 mins and jobs a good one.looks miles better (in the flesh anyway).

I then had a walk around the car and decided that the lion badge on boot that i left after debadging the others just looked daft on its own.So took the plunge to remove that too.Hey presto.No holes or anything.Looks much better now.

Today i also received a set of 4 HEKO wind deflectors which I bought other day of ebay and i shall be fitting them tommorow.

And then finally ive ordered a ''Fly eyes'' kit for my rear lights and 3rd brake light and if theres enough left possibly my side indicators from here:

home - FlyEyesKit.co.uk

Im still waiting for the kit to arrive but i only ordered it yesterday so should be here in next couple of days or so.I went for the BLACK1 shade.I did not plan to do my headlights with it,although i could,i originally just wanted it for the rear end.Its all road legal and MOT compliant with the new laws from 2012 and is very cheap to buy and try it out.If it looks naff i will remove it and just upgrade my rear lights to the phase 2 ones. However i have read and heard plenty of good things about the stuff.There is some vids on the website showing how it works for those who may not have heard or seen of this kit before?

Other than that,thats pretty much where im upto at the moment with things.I do have plans to get a intercooler fitted and also a remap.Aswell as lowering it slightly,a nice set of rims and who knows what else.

Comments and suggestions welcome.Please check back for more updates very soon.....

#7 ·
And then i fitted the Flyeyes kit that arrived today to my rear lights,i have plenty left to do 3rd brake light and side indicators if i wish,but it is getting too dark and cold to do much more tonight.

The kit arrived in a box that fits through the letterbox easy and comes with everything you need to fit it.As for actually fitting it,it took me longer than the vids on the website show but i did remove my lights (for ease of use) and clean everything up before fitting,however i now think it would have been easier to fit the kit with the lights on the car as the bodywork would have worked in my favor for holding the excess film in place while i worked the rest of the film.But anyway,i managed to get it all on ok.I then simply ran around the edges with a hair dryer to active the adhesive aswell as heating up the film everywhere else to ensure it sticks.

Heres some pics....

One light unit covered with Flyeyes before refitting

#8 ·
close up of the film once refitted

And then the remaining pics of the rear of the car,it does look quite dark on pics but its not that dark in real life.

On the whole the Flyeyes kit is a good piece of kit to work with and although curves are abit fiddly for the film to be crease free its actually very easy to use once you get a feel for the film and how it works.Go and buy some!

#10 ·
yes mate.The film is actually a mesh film so has hundreds of tiny holes about the size of a ''full stop'' in it allowing all light to pass through out of the film aswell as into the film.All road legal and MOT complaint with new UK 2012 laws too.

#12 ·
on the Flyeyes website under the FAQS section there is a whole load of info about the film.even a quote from someone high up in the Vosa/MOT side of things confirming that the kit is road legal and the company also offer a full refund should the kit not work out for you and your car.For about a tenner you cant go wrong imo. :)

#13 ·
ive seen this stuff on VW/Vauxhall/Ford its most of them have used it on the fog and head lights looks dead on,

Delboy84,

i think you should dewipper the rear and maybe colour code the bump strips or check your local breaker/Ebay and see if anyone has the bump strips in your colour code :thumb:

#14 ·
Yep i will be de wipering the back when i can borrow a drill to drill out the rivets that hold the rear wiper motor in.

I quite like the black parts of the doors and bumpers.it kinda goes with the smoked wind deflectors and hopefully sometime soon rear tinted windows,and black alloys.I was kinda going for the silver/black theme but i guess at this early stage things could go anywhere lol.

#16 ·
this is taken from the Flyeyes website......

Department for transport (VOSA) has made changes to UK lighting regulations on 01/01/12.We contacted VOSA's head MOT Technical Standards Engineer to ensure this product complies with the new regulations made on 01/01/12.

Quote from Shaun Martin, VOSA MOT Technical Standards Engineer:

"FlyEyesKit film does not affect light colour and does not adversely reduce output, it is perfectly acceptable on all counts".

#17 ·
Finished the 3rd brake light this morning,again i decided to take the unit out and fit the Flyeyes kit off the car due to the very cold weather and tight fitting of the 3rd brake light to the body work to allow for a better overlap and fitting of the kit.

Close up

And then a couple more of the finished rear end

The cold night we had last night meant the car was iced over this morning,the rear lights were covered in frost/ice,now the car has thawed out a little i can see there is no signs of the kit lifting,peeling,splitting or anything so hopefully it will last.

#20 · (Edited)
Im slowly liking this thread!! I have a Pug 307 SW but with gti 1180 alloys and colour coded bumpers. But what youve done is nice! You got any stood back pics of rear? Keep this updated like your doing and ill be following!

NOTE: your rear window wiper is droopy because

#1- Your rear wiper motor mounts are broken (remove tailgate plastic to see)
#2- re adjust your wiper

#21 ·
Thanks for positive comments! :) Im going for a OEM/Modified kinda look (i think) and as for the rear wiper its getting de-wipered anyway so im not too fussed about it at the min.And as for alloys im after some 17" Vortex ones but it wont be till the weather starts picking up again :)

Took a few random pics of the car today,needs a wash lol.

#23 ·
ah sweet!! Vortex are same as GTI 180 and Challenger!! Same design different centre cap!! LOL but these are the ones i have on mine. Coilover (suspension) will be fitted in January so check out my thread when its up and it will convert you!!

As for the colour coded bumpers you could look into vinyl wrapping the black bits in gloss black??

also window rear motor check for signs of water leaking in the boot as the bung will be stressed the wrong way allowing a slight gap around it!! (this is what happened to mine) but luckily was under warranty!! ANYHOW keep this updated!!

Anymore plans?

#24 ·
yep those alloys are what im after.was not gonna bother with coilovers and just get a good set of lowering springs to keep costs dow,but if yours looks and sounds good i may invest :)

cheers for tip on rear wiper,ill check that out asap.

and i have loads of lil bits i want to do but one of the good ones it to get it remapped after christams.I know a company in birmingham who will knock me money off due to been a paid member on another forum. ;)

and yeah i plan on keeping this thread alive as long as i can :)

#26 · (Edited)
The main reasons i have (at this moment in time) decided not to get coilovers is because:

1) for a good set they are £££s
2) if i fit coilovers i will want to wind them all way down which is a bad thing considering the following reasons:
a) its a daily driver
b) it will most likely ruin the ride quality
c) only having them winded so far down imo kind defeats the object of having them fitted
3) too many pot holes and speed bumps to destroy the sump,front bumper and anything else

So....I will prob opt for a good set of 40mm springs instead,maybe some shocks to boot? dunno yet but lowering is on the cards anyway eitherway.

I do have some other things id like to do too,maybe get a front mount intercooler seen as the 1.4 HDI does not have one as standard but ive never fitted one and would not know where to start? so maybe someone on here could give a few tips/guide?

G
#29 ·
god i must be getting old ..i dont see the point in debadging and de wipering and lowering and putting black on lights must be a boy racer thing ..whats wrong with just having a nice standered clean motor. and to be honest its a 1.4 estate the 1.4 hachback was guttless enough even with a remap its a big car with a little engine.still everyone to their own as long as your enjoying it all its all good..feck im old lol

#30 · (Edited)
Hi,thanks for the input :)

Im nearly 30 myself,im going for a OEM look thats slightly modified.The rear end just looked too cluttered imo and now looks much cleaner and fresher,also as for the lights,i hate the really dark black tints that some people do there rear lights,it just looks naff,the flyeyes kit ive got is a nice blend of tint with plenty of color still showing through while still giving that ever so slight non stock look.

As for the engine,yeah its a 1.4 HDI with all 68 horses in stock form.Its cheap as hell to run and even cheaper on insurance,plus the tax braket is very low so thats the reason i opted for this model,however,with a remap it is not uncommon to get nearly 100 horses from this little lump without many more mods and that little extra oooomph will make the car abit more pleasurable to drive,not to thrash around mcdees carpark lol.

Its a great little car,i can get my 3 kids in it,all the shopping,and more and it the car only owes me £750 which i know for a fact its worth more than that.

Its not had a hard life either and only covered 74k miles so the engine will last me for the duration of a few years with relative ease,i hope.

The mod scene will always bring in opinion from others,some in your favor,some not in your favor,and i really appreciate your opinion,this is a public forum afterall,however i can 110% say this car will not be getting lexus lights,big body kits,neons,flashing headlight washer things,silly spoilers, or illegal number plate fonts or anything from the chav section in halfords lol.

Its a daily driver with a good base for a nice little car with a few subtle mods,hell im not even drawn into getting big silly wheels for it either lol,just a nice set of standard 17" peugeot vortex rims will do me nice.

The lowering side of things is simply to help achieve the modified look aswell as improve (with the right kit) the overall driving experience of the car.

Thanks for the input fella :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.