Peugeot Forums banner

306 HDi "Jack in the Green"

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Wooblet 
#1 · (Edited)
Nothing special to look at but just to join in;

My old slugger, Jack the 306 2.0L HDi Meridian estate :)

(before he had the back axle replaced! Hence the low backside!)

Soph.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, I love it to bits to drive, brilliant on fuel and he don't half shift when you give it some stick! Just a shame it's a bit of a pig to work on or do much of anything to! Nothings been simple with it since I had it, lol.

He's had a newish engine and new rear axle, recently a new exhaust and driveshaft and he's still gurgling underneath! Little tyke! :nono:

#6 ·
I love 306's!

Had a 1.9 D Turbo. It was one of them motors that was cheap all round but great fun!
Yeah it's a nice low tax bracket, 170 odd for a year, easily pulls between 50-60mpg if driven gently. Even more crazy, is the fact it cost me £20 less a year to insure a 2.0L diesel estate than it did for insuring a 1.0L 1990 immaculate Nissan Micra. (infact, any small micra, insurance quotes were still the same ball park!) :rolleyes:

I love the car to bits, I love it's comfortable, easy to park (for the size) it's good all round vision, and I LOVE the sheer size I can make in the back with that lovely folding seat design in the back of Puggys. Love the car to bits!

...Just hate the fact it keeps going wrong and it's a pain to repair, that's my only gripe, haha! :D

Tidy and nice and shiney - would recommend the new Autoglym SRP - used it this weekend - it also cleans the black trim - with no white dust.

Funny how blokes call their cars 'she' and women call their cars 'he'.:D
Haha, yeah I think it's a psychological thing! All my vehicles have names, even my motorbike is called Hugo, lol.

I like Autoglym, also use Merr alot, and the bog standard Tcut ofcourse. I also took some mantis scratch polish to the bigger gouges and it's brought them out a treat. Most of the dinks and scratches were in situ when I bought it, I only added one rear bumper dink absently minded reversing off my drive with someone rabbiting in my ear & skimmed the back bumper of my mates car (oops!) and scratched the roof a tad sliding a 7ft bookshelf off the roofrack!

I've driven a whole double bed home in this beast, it's like a diesel narnia on wheels, haha! :nod:

#8 ·
Ah yes you're right, my error, £135 not £175. Some reason got the 7 stuck my my head. Probably because I just put 6months on it this time due to being financially crippled this year, lol! That was £75-78 odd so probably where my muckup stems from! :lol:

Nice exhaust, shame I just paid for a new back box, lol! :rolleyes: How much you looking for it?

G
#9 ·
Aye my brother had been looking for cars & decent insurance since he passed his test at 17. Only when he was 18 did he get the 306 estate, it's a 1.9D (flat) and has a tracker. I don't see the point in the tracker because that motor doesn't have the capability to exceed insurer's constraints! :p

Anyway we tried Micras, Corsas, Ibizas, 106's etc. And the 306 estate was cheapest by a long shot. The reason being because insurers don't mainly look at engine size for that bracket, they look at the amount of incidents these cars have been involved in. So all the young lads n lasses without a clue just automatically buy a Corsa, whereas a little research would say if you did a survey of 50 people with 306 estates in County Durham you'd probably find he's the only one under 25 haha!

Anyway nice motor :)

#11 ·
Aye, that's true jazz. I was apprehensive having a lumping great estate as my first car but, in many ways, I'm glad I did now! Meant I passed an assessment to be a bus driver "much easier than expected for a new driver" according to my assessor, haha! I'd not even been driving a year at that point, so, bonus!

Found a couple others on my travels. The sill/insert kept coming out under that right lamp in these and I got fed up of fishing the bleedin' thing out all the while. Mate snapped a clip getting it/bumper off and out the one day and it's been a succession of bodge attempts to get it to stay in. I gave up in the end! :eek:

Looking a bit mucky here as I'd been on one of my all-day countryside rambles down lanes and obscure hedgerows looking for pleasing fields and flowers to photograph (I'm a photographer and awfully snap happy!)

Not particularly good ones as I was more or less setting up my camera in taking these! So here's Country Bumpkin Jack, anyway, lol.
Soph.

#13 ·
I must admit I like um stock, though I'm getting around to bigger tyres on front and back as I think they look better. Fronts are still smaller but they're in the pipeline to be 195/60's like the backs. I like bigger tyres. Even landrovers I hate seeing a nicely finished one with piddly wee tyres on it, I like the big rim all terrain pluggers on them, look well nice! :thumb:

He's already cost me a new axle, 2nd hand engine, various bearings, drive shaft, exhaust.. to name a few. Moddings can wait until my finances recover, lol. :D Would like a nice stereo in him though, however the stock speakers I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of when I put my first CD in.

Not big on lowered motors, the places I go tend to be nasty, lumpy, uneven potholed roads and dirt tracks so i'd ruin it having the back down. I also live around a breeding colony of speed bumps that routinely pop up everywhere around here without warning.

I thoroughly managed to embarrass a lad without intention not long after I'd had it, the torsion bar went in the back axle and over a period of 48hrs the back sank as the wheels leant in on themselves like a trotter carriage wheel and the arches consumed the tire almost entirely.

Chap lives down the street walked past and started up conversation next day, nodded at the puggy while I was taking stuff out of it to lighten it for the risky trip to the garage to be fixed, and said "Looks cracking now with the lowered back end!!" without realizing at that moment in time I just kinda of snorted and said "Tain't lowered, it's just f@@ked!" :eek: his face dropped, rofl! XD He never passed comment on it again after that, bless him! Oops!

S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.