Renault Megane 1.5 Diesel - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Other Car Marques > Other Car Marques > Renault
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pbridgey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-11, 04:30 PM   #1

Default Renault Megane 1.5 Diesel

Had two of these this week broke down , on both the fuel pump disintegrated , metal fillings all through fuel system , total disaster , they should have these pumps recalled , if you have one "shake your ass" and get rid pronto.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-11, 05:35 PM   #2
jmkent

This is the worst diesel I've ever driven.... vans are better than these

The turbo lag is unbelievable... you need to rev to 2500-3000 before changing just in order to keep it going, any less and after changing it dies and hardly moves. Definitely not what you expect from a modern diesel.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-11, 06:46 PM   #3
Inactive User

Presumably avoid Nissan's with the 1.5dci then too? since it's borrowed from Renault. The ones I've heard and driven didn't sound or feel particularly inspiring.

Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-11, 06:56 PM   #4

There`s two really p*ssed of people near me at the minute ,
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-11, 08:46 PM   #5

I had a company car Megane 1.5TD in 2008 , brand new. Great for the first 50k then fuel consumption dropped dramatically.

As for performance it was a real flying machine!
Old 03-04-12, 04:30 PM   #6
Inactive User

The 1.5 Dci engine is really good, plenty of torque and enough power, i would guess that it might be a bit underpowered in a megane but it certainly is a good engine, it is in some of the Mercedes B class diesels.
davidireland likes this.
Pbridgey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-09-12, 08:13 PM   #7
Inactive User

Had one before the Pug, NEVER AGAIN!!! For reasons other than the engine really, but 2 injectors dying and enough filings in the fuel filter to ballast the Queen Mary, it was bye bye time at just 97k. Dissapointing for a modern derv, it had a new turbo at 67k, but sooted 2 egrs to destruction by 94k. Mine was only the 80 bhp, but it wasn't desperatly slow and very quiet and petrol like to drive. I can't blame Renault for all that crap breaking, as this is the sort of stuff that is causing all diesel owners grief post euro 4. I'm planning to remove the dpf and egr from my 307 as a priority due to the ramifications of these components sooting up/failing. I refuse to spend my weekends under the bonnet of a 56 plate car fixing the problems caused by this uneccessary rubbish.

Before anyone asks me why I'm moaning about this yet I actually bought one anyway is that I'd rather remove all that stuff and have a 47mpg town driver and a reliable 60mpg motorway cruiser instead of an underpowered 30mpg petrol 1.6. And I prefer the diesel driving experience, and the car does well over 12k per year.

Other issues with my shakey ass frog were disintegrating keycards, faulty leccie windows, airbag and mil always on, water ingress in cabin etc. Did like the way it looked though, but was very dissapointed with only 38mpg ish as an average. Was expecting at least low 50's on the combined cycle.
Sasha94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in