Well done to peugeot prestatyn - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-14, 06:01 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Well done to peugeot prestatyn

Hi folks first postů.
we are all too quick to moan & complain about stuff, well I would like to say well done to Drivers, the Peugeot dealer in Prestatyn, Whilst temp. staying in the town, we booked our 307 into Drivers to check a faulty electric roof, (i.e. would not open). Having had the car/roof inspected at an independent in my home town without success, I thought I would give the main dealers one last chance. My hopes were not high after reading the forums and exasperated statements from other owners. Id booked an appt. for 1 pm. Turned up, expected by staff, (I thought this was encouraging to start with), We left the car. At 5.30 the car was collected , complete with a solution, and a working electronic roof. It appears that some reversing sensors that had been fitted (not by Peugeot) 12 months ago were "fouling" the mechanical mechanisms. The ECU box for the reversing kit was too close to the moving arms, this caused the cables for the roof gear to become "pulled" out of the connectors,and, despite "no fault" found on the scanners, the gear would not move. So, well done the technician that did more than he should to cure the problem. Perhaps you may say: he was only doing his job, but not in my book. He did not give up, despite what the scanning screen displayed. Human intervention. AS the guy, said, sometimes its worth paying for main dealers knowledge. in this ace I have to agree.
Ian Smith
IGSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-08-14, 06:24 PM   #2

You simply got someone willing to use common sense rather than the keyboard to fix it some dealers do have real mechanics but not many
Old 29-08-14, 08:03 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for reading. You seem like an "old school" type that remember a different set of values!! I thought the solution was interesting that was useful to share.
IGSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in