Time for a new FAQ and rules for new registrations? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Gibbo
  • 1 Post By karl mcghee
  • 1 Post By trem1
  • 3 Post By storeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-14, 12:40 PM   #1

Default Time for a new FAQ and rules for new registrations?

I think its time for a new page when people register. There are just too many people signing up for free help and advice, don't even say please or thank you, or even search for a common fault, then bugger off when they've got what they want.

Take this one for example:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...o-power-70345/

No introduction, no details where they are, no please or thank you or any effort made to search for what's a very common fault.

And when we do dare to say something, they get all defensive and abusive.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm sure a few others feel the same. We're not asking for pay for the help we provide, nor the lifelong loyalty from a new member, just a bit of effort and courtesy for the free help we provide which could potentially save them hundreds of pounds.

My personal opinion would be to make new members post an introduction before asking any question, and that we have a clear thread about searching and common problems. I'm more than willing to do a 307 section, and expand on the "common problems" section of my own website: http://pugdiag.nwex.co.uk/common.htm

People wanting Servicebox data on their car or the code for the software have to have made five posts.
Advertisement

Old 11-01-14, 12:47 PM   #2

about time gibbo

alot of forums do this the same way contribute first
mooi1uk likes this.
karl mcghee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-14, 12:52 PM   #3

Agreed, and not forgetting the location added in there profile. We spend too much time asking where are you/what is your car etc.And getting abuse at times for it

How about 1st post needs approving and that should be an intro post and like you say car's info after 5 posts.
karl mcghee likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-14, 04:04 PM   #4

I once joined a forum where they disabled posting in all forums except the introduction forum. They required new members to post a proper introductory post which had to contain information relevant to the forum. In this case it would be location and car details

The following is an example of the type of post they required
Quote:
Hi, I'm storeman and I live in Oldham in the North West. I recently bought a 2004 Peugeot 307 2.0l HDI 90 and signed up to learn a bit about the car. I've looked through a few posts and found out a few things I didn't know. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully being able to help others out
Once the mods were satisfied that the requirement had been fulfilled they enabled the new post button for that member for most forums. Other parts I.e 'for sale' were off limits for posting until the member had made a certain number of posts similar to the PM requirement BUT the difference was they didn't allow spamming in a thread created to increase post count.

I personally didn't find these restrictions unreasonable and let's face it, putting in a little effort to obtain information that could potentially save you hundreds of pounds in repair bills isn't too much to ask. When I joined Peugeot forums I think I brought my post count up by replying to threads that I thought I could offer some help. Maybe the location could be made a required entry in users profile.
trem1, mooi1uk and karl mcghee like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in