Time for the 508 to have a forum? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Announcements, Comments, Help > Peugeotforums.com Forum Technical Support or Site Issues
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-11, 11:59 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Time for the 508 to have a forum?

Is it time for the 508 to appear under the models in the forum? I've a 508 Active HDi 112 5-speed saloon with the factory fitted RT6 Sat Nav and its interesting (?amusing) to see how many web sites don't know of the 508 as a Peugeot model.

Compared to the 407 saloon I had before the 508 feels far more "solid" and driven gently seems to return good fuel consumption.
GordonF is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-11, 12:35 PM   #2
Super Moderator

It'll come!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-11, 05:30 PM   #3
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonF View Post
Is it time for the 508 to appear under the models in the forum? I've a 508 Active HDi 112 5-speed saloon with the factory fitted RT6 Sat Nav and its interesting (?amusing) to see how many web sites don't know of the 508 as a Peugeot model.

Compared to the 407 saloon I had before the 508 feels far more "solid" and driven gently seems to return good fuel consumption.
Seems to be a good car too. None of the troublesome bits the 407 had.
Normal mcpherson strut suspension too. Peugeot are going back to basics. Basics = reliability!
  Quick reply to this message

Old 13-07-11, 12:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonF View Post

Hi GordonF , how are you getting on with the RT6 as there seems to be little or no information on the web about it, I have just placed my order for a 508SW Allure 1.6 e-HDi 112 Active Stop and Start EGC ( with RT6 ,JBL stereo, heads up display & front parking sensors :-) ) but have no idea what the RT6 has to offer lol.

Thanks

Mike
devchef1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 13-07-11, 04:51 PM   #5
chopper1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Normal mcpherson strut suspension too. Peugeot are going back to basics. Basics = reliability!
Only on the chaep ones - the pricey ones get wishbones. Pug try to justify it by saying the struts give a better ride, but they don't (the GT with struts is more supple, despite bigger wheels), so by a process of elimination it must be penny pinching.

On the verge of ordering one myself if Alliance and Leicester sort my sodding mortgage out!
Old 13-07-11, 06:41 PM   #6
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
None of the troublesome bits the 407 had.
Bit early to say this, don't you think??
Old 13-07-11, 06:54 PM   #7
chopper1192

My 407 was A1, by the simple expedient of eschewing diesel for petrol. Less bits to break, less bits broke.
Old 13-11-11, 11:42 AM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by devchef1 View Post
Hi GordonF , how are you getting on with the RT6 as there seems to be little or no information on the web about it, I have just placed my order for a 508SW Allure 1.6 e-HDi 112 Active Stop and Start EGC ( with RT6 ,JBL stereo, heads up display & front parking sensors :-) ) but have no idea what the RT6 has to offer lol.

Thanks

Mike
You may have the answer by now if you've had your car delivered. The quick summary is that the RT6 gives me Radio, CD player (can be MP3s or traditional CD), USB connection where can have another selection of MP3s, display of parking sensor input (Green, Orange, Red), SatNav and Bluetooth phone connection (including option of more MP3s from your phone).

The SatNav on some roads shows what it thinks the speed limit is - the database doesn't always match reality and I haven't found how to update it yet.

The Peugeot website doesn't seem to say much about the RT6 system, the Maps come from Navteq but their website doesn't include the 508 as a vehicle using their maps and there is probably an update due (mine are the 2010/2011 edition maps).

You need to be careful with pairing the car with a bluetooth phone. I managed to get into state where they would pair briefly then disconnect and after about 15 minutes when the SatNav is active the whole system would reboot while driving along. Had to go back to neither car or phone knowing about each other and start again.

Before I'd worked out that I had to press and hold the remote button for the boot the RT6 had a habit of rebooting when driving if I'd tried the button but for too short a time.

I've only got rear parking sensors and if I park very close to a hedge at rear and passenger side then sometimes when I start up there is a message to say Parking Assist failure. If I was to guess then the software can get confused if too much happens at once. Since I've got an early model (the first my dealer had sold) I'm hoping that there is some later software available.

Enjoy your 508
GordonF is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 13-11-11, 12:36 PM   #9

Hi GordonF

Thanks for yor info much appreciated , still waiting for mine to be delivered , should have been here on the 5th October , but one of those things i have had confirmation that it has finally been built and is sat in Calis ( as of Friday 11th) awaiting shippment over the water and my dealer has said that they will "fast track! it through the system so its sooner rather than later now .

All told thou sounds a reasonable system, but with a few quirks that need sorting out :-0

Will post a review and my findings once i have got hold of the elusive 508
devchef1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 13-11-11, 01:17 PM   #10
Inactive User

Must admit the 508 drives like a dream but it was a little bland in design for me and the rcz was too small so went for the 407 remodelled coupe its a quality car you have their
cabinpac is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in